Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! Forgive my lack of knowledge as I am considering purchasing a Mazda for the first time ever and am just starting to learn about them.

My question is, what platforms (other than the Protege and base 626 sedan) use the 2.0L I4 engine? I am looking at the new Protege5 hatchback and am interested in knowing if there are turbo or supercharger setups available for it?

Thanks so much! I've been modifying cars a long time but I've never dealt with Mazda before even as a hobby.. I know nothing about them basically :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yes there are turbos and sc's available for your motor. I am not sure who sells them, your best bet would be to go to probetalk.com and ask around the 4 cyl and forced induction forums.

You can also pick up a j spec 2.0 4 cyl that will put out 170 hp (118 stock) for $ 2000 from corksport.com

hope this helps

·
Registered
543 Posts
I also forgot to mention the Protoge MP3 comming in the comming out this summer which is going to have a ton of aftermarket parts( thicker roll bars, intake, cat back, springs and struts) as well as a MP3 player stadard, as well as 17 in race beat rims.

For more info check out the april issue of Sport Compact Car.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yeah but its not the protoge MP3 its just the MP3... go to the news forum and check it out...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts