Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

ENGINE STALL ON DECEL

672 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Greg S 
G
#1 ·
I'M HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE CAR AS I'M COMING OFF THE HIGHWAY AND THE CAR IS DECELERATING IN GEAR THE CAR START TO JERK AND WHEN I COME TO A COMPLETE STOP THE IDLE IS HIGHER THAN NORMAL AS I SIT A THE INTERSECTION I FEEL THE RPM IN THE CAR BEGIN TO DIE AND I SEE IT ON THE TACH AND THE CAR STALLS, I WILL START IT BACK UP AND IT WOULD BE NORMAL. IT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE IN A WHILE NOT EVERY TIME I DRIVE THE CAR. SO ANYONE HAS HAD THE SAME PROBLEM PLEASE HELP ME.. THANX

#3 ·
Check the spark plug wells for oil in them, if there is a some then you most likely have the infamous leaky valve cover gasket, just do a search on it if that is so and you'll see how to fix it. You'll also have to replace your plugs and wire if this is the problem. Other thing that will cause this problem is a small vacuum leak. Hopefully this isn't the problem as it is a pain in the butt to determine where the leak is until it happens consistantly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.