Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here is the deal. I just got a '93 MX-6 LS with about 147000 miles(maybe a little less). Anyway, it ran fine for the first few days. Now the little engine light comes on and the engine will stall if I'm not giving it gas. It only happens when the engine is warmed up. The guy told me before I bought it that the light would come on every once in a white, and he had taken it to a shop to have it diagnosed. They said that it needed a new fuel pressure regulator, so he put one on it. I think that the fuel system is the culprit of this problem. anyway, if anyone else has had this trouble, and knows how to fix it, please help me.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
You can read the code(s) from the engine control computer yourself. Go to my website (see sig) and click on "Malf Codes". Read the codes out by following the instructions there.

This will provide you with a starting point for determining what the problem is.

G

·
Hey that maf conversion is cool but didn't SCC do that with their probe along time ago? They had another controller that would do the cenversions for the prom didn't they? Did you get that elbow from prm or did you modify their downpipe for their intake? What kind of TB you got? Sorry so many questions but you got a nice site and was just curious. By the Way I watched the Mpeg and noticed that thing really opened up with that conversion Huh great sound.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't I need some type of device to plug into the diagnosis port under the hood to get those numbers? anyway, the problem seems to be now quite as bad, the engine didn't die nor did the engine light come on at all. I just hope that the problem is just a small simple fix.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Joe_silver93 said:
Don't I need some type of device to plug into the diagnosis port under the hood to get those numbers? anyway, the problem seems to be now quite as bad, the engine didn't die nor did the engine light come on at all. I just hope that the problem is just a small simple fix.
Nope. If you read the instructions carefully, you connect two pins in the Diagnostic box (TEN and GND) with something as simple as a paperclip. Then, turn the ignition on and watch the check engine light. After about 4 seconds, if there are any codes stored, the light will flash them out. Very simple.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
#19mxman said:
Hey that maf conversion is cool but didn't SCC do that with their probe along time ago?
Actually, my efforts pre-date SCCs. I had a prototype running on mine about a year before they got theirs from Split Second. I continue to refine mine (i.e. tune it) and am working on several projects, one being a way to get the 73mm Vortech to more accurately meter at low RPM and the second being a re-design of the control box that will allow on-the-fly tuning (as opposed to a simple gain adjustment I currently have on the dashboard.)

They had another controller that would do the cenversions for the prom didn't they?
They bought their setup from Split Second. I think SS called it the "ARC-II" or something like that.

I designed and built my own unit.

Did you get that elbow from prm or did you modify their downpipe for their intake?
Gerry Sica, owner of PRM, gave me that elbow in exchange for some work I did for him. Great guy...

What kind of TB you got?
I bought the TB from a 1996 V6 626 and took it to the local machine shop (the same one where I dyno, Forrest & Forrest) and had them bore it to 65mm and fab up a new throttle plate. I still have the OEM TB in case I ever need/want to switch back.

By the Way I watched the Mpeg and noticed that thing really opened up with that conversion Huh great sound.
Thanks. Yeah, that ~4250 VRIS point is really clear in that vid. Motor was running sweet that day :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts