Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my engine starts very good one tumble and it goes up to about 1800 1500 rpm then settles out to about 750-800 rpm drives very good but when I stop the idle goes to about 300rpm then dies and when ever I rev past 2000 rpm it never go to the required idle rpm it always dies out I changed the Idle Air Control Valve now I want to change the Mass Air Flow Meter
any other recomendations out there ??

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
We had this same problem with the 88GT. It could be many things, the first thing I would do is check ALL of the boost/vac. lines and make sure they are connected/have no holes. Then, change the oil filter (this is what our problems was... I don't know why but the car worked again when we changed that out.), then check the timing.

Out of curiosity, have you ever run your 6 at the track? I would be interested in seeing what your 400m E/T and Trap speeds look like.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before I was running the skyline T3 Turbo with no blowoff valve and no intercooler and I was in low 15s with pocket ported and polished head
and the all so loving MOBIL 1 oil that keeps the HLAs quite that was it and the car was a monster

But I have since did all the work and upgrades you see in my info section I am shooting for very low 14s and possible 13s I did the desktop dyno but haven't run the car as yet with the new upgrades .
I did a few runs at home around the block and boy there is a huge difference the wheels spins off in first and continues till i change to 2nd and continues to spin even more I think 17s is no longer an option but a must

1 - 3 of 3 Posts