Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, been through this forum and the threads don't seem to apply to this problem.

I have a 93 V6 and after coming home a week ago, Monday, my car sat out till Saturday. Everything was fine before, didn't notice a shutter, anything. Now, I tried to start the car and there's no crank. I mean put the key in, clutch down, turn and absolutely nothing happens.

What gives? I've already had the distributor changed on my 93 cause this was the infamous problem with our MX-6's. So I'm totally confused as to what this is?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Could you have a flat battery?
If it doesn’t even turn over it is not the dizzy.. could be as simple as a bad connection to the battery..
Is there a click sound or nothing.. ?
May be the starter motor, again ether the connection or the solenoid is not pushing the engaging cog/drive up high enough (this also switches the electricity to the starter motor windings)..
Best thing to do it disconnect and clean reconnect the battery.. try it if no good check to see that the starter solenoid ( little canister bolted directly to the starter) has power to it on the small wire when you turn the key .. if not then I would be looking for perhaps a problem with your alarm immobilizer or some other break in the circuit from the key..
If the power is there then check on the larger wire from the + of the battery on the starter solenoid, should be a constant voltage .. Then with you turn the key check the out put that goes to the motor windings.. again should be + if not the solenoid is F’d is it is good, then starter is F’d..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Mister Mx6!

I'm gonna go follow your procedures and check out what's wrong. Will update this post so other non-tech savy people like me could benefit from the experience.

:D

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
HAHAHA!! That picture is awesome!! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts