Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have a 94 LS with the 2.5L. I recently had a new muffler put on a couple of months ago and ever since there has been a lot of smoke activity coming out. My car only has 116,000 miles on it and I change the oil every 2500 miles. The HLA's are a little noising when I first start it but they calm way down when the engine warms up. I have also started to notice a lot of resin on my driveway after I start it up like it's spitting crap out. My bottom right spark plug is usually in the worst shape when I do my tune ups. When I did the engine diag. I came up with a bad/inverted R Oxy Sensor. Any ideas about where all of this smoke is coming from especially since I never had this problem with the stock muffler. A new high flow converter maybe??? Any ideas?? Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
mymx6ls said:
Okay, I have a 94 LS with the 2.5L. I recently had a new muffler put on a couple of months ago and ever since there has been a lot of smoke activity coming out. My car only has 116,000 miles on it and I change the oil every 2500 miles. The HLA's are a little noising when I first start it but they calm way down when the engine warms up. I have also started to notice a lot of resin on my driveway after I start it up like it's spitting crap out. My bottom right spark plug is usually in the worst shape when I do my tune ups. When I did the engine diag. I came up with a bad/inverted R Oxy Sensor. Any ideas about where all of this smoke is coming from especially since I never had this problem with the stock muffler. A new high flow converter maybe??? Any ideas?? Thanks
Hello MyMX6LS!!

Does it smoke at start up or continuesly when you drive?
Try changing to a thinner oil, and also check spark plugs for signs of oil penetrating into combustion chamber. One or more valve seals could be worn.
OR it could be just greese burning off a new muffler.
Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts