Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would be the best motor to swap in to the 2nd gen mx6/ probe 4cyl model, the stock FS motor is way enemic and i have plans to boost, so is there another motor that would make a good swap with a little higher hp to start out with before boost?

thx
joel

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Ignore post above, some need to learn ALOT more about cars and need to keep their opinions to themselves.

I've been in the same bout you were in. Did everything I could to my RS than I came at the crossroad of to turbo or do something else. Well first off, you need to read my BIG ASS FAQ right at the top of this page which would answer most of your questions.

But a short answer would be honestly no. There has only been 3 reported FS-ZE swap into the RS platform and 1 confirm KL-03 swap. For the cost, aggravation and time consumption you are better off turboing or buying an LS.

NOw what I don't get is why it should matter what horsepower you start with? If you plan on turbo than the NA output shouldn't be of any concern, the only things of concern are the displacement and the compression.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The I4 is a better platform to turbo in my opinion, thats why Im ditching my V6 and swapping the I4 in(I have a I4 parts car). With the I4 you can use Supra 440cc injectors (direct fit), the V6 you mainly only have a choice of Millenia S injectors. Heres a link to a I4 turbo kit http://home.dmv.com/~cmcprobe/bewst.html . The I4 is easier to work on an tune, Im going with the Haltech E6K standalone.

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Looks like someones been taking my advice Matt Its cool man...good to see my advice is spread to others.

:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts