Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading up on nothing but good things about KLZE engine. Does anyone know where I can get my KLDE engine swapped to a KLZE? I'm located in Melbourne.

Where can I get a KLZE engine in Victoria?
Which workshop do you guys recommend to get the swap done?
What would be the approximate cost?

My current car is a 1992 MX6 V6 2.5 4WS

Thanks

·
Administrator
5,189 Posts
Moved to the A & NZ section.

The only "bad" thing about that engine is weak valve spring retainers. If you're not going to be too hard on the engine, it probably won't be a problem. Many people swap the retainers from their klde engine to the klze.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
You have an advantage that you have a GE1 mx6, probinator ECU and JE ecu will work, where the GE2 has issues.

Its a direct plug and play swap, the issue is going to be finding a KLZE these days. Few years ago someone tried to find one, a lot of them were KLDE's with KLZE intake manifolds on them, or KFZE's.

That explains why I have a spare at home, and why I just bought the wreck of my 626 back to make sure I didn't have to hunt one down.

just jap in adelaide was always a good bet to get one. last I saw they were 1500-2000$ for the motor. Shop would REAM you on swap cost though, much better if you can do it yourself.

you would also want to do a full service on it, new water pump, gaskets etc etc while its out of the car.

regular oil changes are needed to stop valve drop too. or just keep away from going over 7000 rpm.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Contact "crspy" on this forum.
He bought a mx6 with a klze in it. I know its a real klze... we imported the motor and i did the swap.
he may sell it... you never know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts