Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Yep, but...

xvsxevx said:
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to drop a V6 2.5L in my current 2.0L MX-6?
Sure. The 2.5L engine was installed at Flint Rock in the same chassis, so it's easily possible.

Mounting-wise, it shouldn't be too bad, though you might want to check if the lower cross member is the same. Axle shafts are most likely different as are the front springs.

Electrically, you're in for a challenge. The two engines use completely different engine control computers and their harnesses are (obviously) not interchangable. It'd be alot of cutting and pasting to get it working right.

I know you've probably heard this before, but considering the amount of work required to do the 4-6 swap, why not consider selling your MX-6 and looking for an LS to replace it with?

·
Registered
59 Posts
You will need to do the tranny as well. The 2.0 and the 2.5 have different bell housings. I'm pretty sure axles will be swapped too.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
anyone ever thought about putting a 1stgen turbo motor in a second gen? If you think about it...its easy to pump out about 200hp with these...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was just thinking the same thing to myself when I read this post. How hard would it be to put in the 4cyl turbo from the first gen? I know for a fact that this engine can be modded to well over 200hp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts