Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is enough roon in our 2nd gen. cars to fit a 3.0L Mitsubishi engine and all its components. Also about how much would the finished project end up costing.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I understand that you want to be different, and want more power, but why dont you stick with mazda and upgrade to a KLZE or a turbo or both? it might be cheaper and give you more power.

Just a thought.

94 LS, 5spd, B+G sport springs, Tokico struts, Platninum +4 plugs, NGK wires, Vibrant FSTB, Ractive RSTB, K&N filter, 17'' Falken's w/215/45/17 Yokohama Avid H4's, and a pioneer system

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know where I can get a 3.0L engine for a few bucks, I just need to know what else I would need and also would it fit. These engines have average displacement giving it more torque and come stock with about 220 horses. It's a well known Mitsubishi engine and I have found lots of places that offer modification parts, can produce around 400 horses without wearing out the engine too much.

·
Registered
371 Posts
It would probablly fit but that's alot of work. The trannie won't line up, custom motor mounts, re-wiring the harnesses.. etc. That would be cool... but sounds like alot of money. Just my thoughts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts