Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok 1990 lx cork sport has j spec engines in it is there any one of thoes that would fit in my car and if not would anyone have a sugjestion on anyone that might fit

·
Registered
449 Posts
Unfortunately no. However, a FE3 engine would mount directly into your car. Except for a few things, one the engine's timing is controlled entirely by the ECU, I have no clue if the exhaust aligns correctly and you'd have to find a way to rig up a four-wire O2 sensor (our cars have single-wire O2s). The bellhousing on our tranny will mate with this engine making a swap cheaper. So you'd need at least the ECU and engine wiring harness.

FE3 --- j-spec engine, found in europe, aussie, and japan under the GT trim of the 88-92 model year. Apparently, our turbo engine was found only in the US. The engine is a 2.0L 16-valve DOHC with a 7000 RPM redline. Produces approx 140hp-170hp, depending on which version, high compression or low (10:1, 9:1). The engine costs about $800 imported $130 for freight.

One of these days i plan to do an engine swap, but college is sucking me dry.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would love to swap in a 13B in my car. I'd have the first rotary powered 6! But that won't be for a while, till after i get another car, that way I can have my car torn a part to do my bidding!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts