Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been trying to decide if I want to do an enging swap or not if it would be worth the money and if there is an engine out there that I could buy that has more horsepower or a better enging ya know more bang for the buck.

I have been thinking of the Acura/Honda NSX engine if it would fit because of the power it gets. I have been informed that it would work if the engine could fit does anyone think that the engine could fit. I hope so and how much do you think it would cost.

One last thing has anyone put on the Knight Turbo because I am thinking about it but I have talked to a few shops in my town that say that alot of people complain about the turbo does anyone know or should I contact Knight himself.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You sound like you have a lot of money....if that's the case, just take your car to a competent import tuner and have them build you a custom turbo. THe cost will be equivalent to what you'll spend on a Knight turbo + fabrication + install.

FYI - you can't just bolt in another manufacturer's engine (I.e. NSX) - you'll need the transmission, driveline (RWD), axles, etc....a total cost of up to $15,000.

You could drop in the J-spec version of our KL-O3 - the KL-ZE which will make close to 200hp with the J-spec ECU on 98 octane. IMHO, those $2k can get you 190-220 hp n/a and a reliable engine.

Your call...

·
Registered
73 Posts
no offense man, but with post like these i can see it's evident that you haven't read much about the whole thing. there's a lot of work that goes into an engine swap if you do it on your own, if not you're looking to shell out tons of cash for the labor, if you do a swap go with what dan said the, klze is what you'd want to swap in with maybe a turbo setup. start doing more reading though and see if that's what you really want to do, especially with all the reported problems about the klze engines. good luck
matt

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have owned a klze for 3 yrs now and the only problems I have had with it were my headers blew durring the first 3 months wich japan direct covered under warranty. Aside from that, it has been very trouble free aside from the usual probs you would have with the 03(o2 sensors, tps sensor, and vris sensors)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts