Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have question. In the morning after after, the engine warmed up, temperature reading is normal. Then I drive the car for about 1/2 hour and when I put the gear into N, the temprature goes up, about 3/4 the reading. If I put the gear back to D, the reading goes back to normal again. After a while, eventhough the gear is in D the temperature goes up again, about a little more than 1/2 the reading. If I turn on the A/C and play around with the RPM (about 3,000 RPM) the temperature goes down again. Does anybody know what's happening here ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're ok, I guess. I think the fan sensor isn't working right. I will take my car to the dealer tomorrow.
Anyway, thx for the advise...

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have an eclipse and have the EXACT same type of problem. It was heating up before, but that was b/c of water pump. But I went all out, I changed that, radiator cap, pipes, pressure flushed radiator and block.

It still heated up in idle, then cooled when I accelerated. I found out that the problem was AIR BUBBLE!!!!! So try that, just run the car open the radiator cap and squeeze all the bubbles out that you can.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It wasn't the air bubble. It was the sensor for the fan.
Now everything is back to normal.. :)
Anyway, thanks for the tip...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts