1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wonding about the gen2 engines,
all i seem to see on this board, is gen1 engine transplants

all these FE, FZ......etc,
and i just got noidea whats going on?!?!?!

so i was just wonding, what engine are there and what type of KW/horse power there giving out......

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Well since the search feature is down at the moment.
The best engine option for us is the klze japanese spec engine.
The engine in out cars is the kl03 (also called klde)
power 121 kw or (164hp)
klzes power is around 150 kw or (200hp)

Theres a klze FAQ in the 2G forums.

You can source one from several places, the best Ive found though is www.blairs.co.nz Mr Mx6 got his ZE from them , cost to the east cost should be around 2050$ with ecu shipped to a port.

·
Registered
51 Posts
newer engine?

does mazda have a direct replacement based on a newer motor that can be used instead of the klze?

I was thinking about it today, to spend $5k or so just for an extra 30kw seems a waste.

Anything else that can slot in relatively easy?

Cheers,
Dean

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Supercharge it, get 300hp ;)

When I can afford to do it all at once, I will attempt it :)

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Well if you had a 626 of GD or GE you coudl try the new 2.3L motor (especially if it's a 2.0L or 2.2L ) just for fun, then turbo it
new 2.3L motors ging for about $8000 with box I think, wreaked Aus cars too.
for an Mx-6 it's got such a low bonnet I don't think the new motor would fit under neath.

Just RWD conversion 20B more fun

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
MZR will not work in our cars...... dash will melt :)
6/3/2 all have an extra bulge on the firewall to allow for better cooling of the exhaust (remember MZR has the head spun around).

you always can get FS and turbocharge it, have seen a lot of success with those things (even a couple in GDs and one in GC). can get a FS-ZE from Familia Wagon R 170HP at 6800.

with a second gen (or any K or FS engine car) the bellhousing on the box looks very similar to a rotary, so a 13B-T from S4/S5 could be an option, not too sure about REW but with a right engine installer you probably could.

also you could keep your KL-DE get KJ heads with Miller. vola supercharged KL.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
No worries BF just a bit of hitting into the fire wall with a sledge hammer and maybe a welder , fix all cooling problems, I was tihnking turbo too. but I woudl still mount it more forwad and use a least a 5speed auto or 6 speed manual. Typical mazda very slow with some cars into getting good boxes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts