Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys...

just gathering info to see whether I should go for a larger intercooler on stock turbo.

How much bigger can I go running stock turbo and stock boost? Or what are my options. I just replaced the stuffed turbo (well I am in the process of putting it back on) and just thought maybe I should get a bigger cooler as well...

Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
I'd look into the Supra coolers. Seem to work very well. Good upgrade for stock turbo. Otherwise, a hybrid copy. Jet's cooler install is ace. Check it out.

·
Registered
793 Posts
yo i think i saw you this morming boosting off at the lights on tapleys hill road near harbour town.
keep in mind base the size of the cooler on what future mods will be.

·
Registered
868 Posts
my cooler was already on my mx6 when i got it, but from what i've been told there isnt any major benefits. but then again, it'll make ya car look a whole lot better too :flipa:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
coooooooooool...awesome guys thanks heaps, thanks SABBAi...

yeah I mean as long as the supra coolers are bigger and have better flow through em then that would be fine until later on if I decided I wanna boost it up etc etc...I will look around for the supra cooler soon then...

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dude....lol..it wasnt me, my car been in the garage at home on the jack for 2 days now since I had the tirbo replaced myself took a while and it hopefully will be ready tomorrow...(ooopppssss its passed 12AM) so today...

The turbo is back on, got a recond one and now im waiting for the rocker cover to dry cause I painted it blue...will post pics soon though....

grumtax said:
yo i think i saw you this morming boosting off at the lights on tapleys hill road near harbour town.
keep in mind base the size of the cooler on what future mods will be.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what cooler did you say it is?

TXSTYL said:
my cooler was already on my mx6 when i got it, but from what i've been told there isnt any major benefits. but then again, it'll make ya car look a whole lot better too :flipa:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts