Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i passed just they were unsure whether to test the car at 3,250 rpm or 3,750..at 3,750 it was 96db but at 3,250 it was 90 exactly the took the lower one :) also told be that upon decelleration of the car (not what they measure) it was up near 110db... They also let me off on my boost controller they said technically its a failure but cause I live so far away (my cars registered in seville *lol*) that they'd let me off....Yipee!!!!

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
y didnt u take off bc b4 hand, thats a big risk.
also mine was tested at 3400rpm by a licensed epa tester, not that i got sent to epa, but i got it checked when i got exhuast done. mines at 89.4 at 3400, and pops upto 99-100 on decel.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats correct shibbs even though at the time my boost controller was running lower than stock it is still the ability to change it that can effect emissions...they were pretty gopod abouyt it saying technically its a fail botu casue I live so far away theres no point me coming back in for such a lil thing they made me promise to remove it..so I have..and moved it to another spot..he he he...

·
Registered
301 Posts
That sucks...even though we could even improve on our cars emissions, they dont like
it couse its not stock...lol
I thought the reason we have a cat converter was to treat our emissions !!

Did they say anything about the bov?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
*lol* yeah you win the crap I have to change my zorst award I get the good score I dont have to change mine :) as far as the chip goes they cant see it so they wont know unless your emissions are unusually high such as runnign rich or something...

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
nah changed it already ;)

put a resonator in it now cops dont look twice at me now
i want to get rid of the cannon and put a normal muffler at the back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.