Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was just wondering if anyone has any knowledge on installing this hood. Everywhere I go I see it say that this hood requires hood pins. I really hate hood pins. I have saw several photos of this hood on 6's without the pins does anyone know how to install it without pins?

Also I have looked around on several sites. And the cheapest I have found this hood for was on andy's autosport for 450. Does anyone know any other sites that sell it a bit cheaper?

Thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Ruby! much appreaciated. Basically what you are saying though is that I dont need pins unless I plan on being rough with the hood :)

Im going to install this hood without them and if the latches do break then I will get them if not im going to leave it alone.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Why do parts for our cars have to be so expensive? Every other hood on that site is under $400, it can't possibly cost them that much to make the hood.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mavric03 said:
Why do parts for our cars have to be so expensive? Every other hood on that site is under $400, it can't possibly cost them that much to make the hood.
I know man its a joke. The one thing that we do get for decent prices is a bodykit from 2fast but thats about it. ::Shrug:: I show my car at alot of shows and my major competition in my area is a hooked up 626 thats why I am looking to buy the hood. Im trying to do all I can to blow this guy out of the water this upcomming show season. Himself and his club have basically dominated shows in our area for 2 years...hehe now its my clubs turn to change that.

-Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts