Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOOD PINS ON EREBUNI HOOD???

I am ordering my new hood today and wantg to know if i need hood pins I've seen then with out pins and the web site says: Note: Part No. 711HOOD must be used with hood pins which are not included with the hood. whats with that picture at: http://www.erebunicorp.com/ge/mazmx693.htm It dont have pins err im confused I dont want pins unless they have pre-drilled holes

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You have to understand, this hood is all fiberglass and doesn't have the reinforcements on theunderside like the stock ones do. I THINK, not for sure, that it has the factory mounting holes but I definitely know that it does NOT have any place to fasten the stock hood latch. Thus, the need for hood pins. You definitely need the pins unless you want your hood to fly up whenever it catches a draft....

I got this information about 1 month ago when I Spoke to Eric in Erebuni. I don't know if the hood has changed since then. Good luck!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS!

That info was helpful. and im going to call erebuni now and see if it attaches to the hood mounts. also do you think its worth it?? the stock repacement hood is $496.75 with tax and the erebuni is 550 with shipping what do you think thanx agian!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
what...

Hey all, why is their that little hole on the top right side of the hood? Isn't that where the intake is on a civic or something like that? Is that hood just a modified hood from another import?
Just curious...
Cya.
Claeren.

·
Registered
283 Posts
According to Erebuni, you do need hood pins but there are holes for the stock hinges in the rear. Check out superprobe's website and email Henry (the dude with the tricked out mx-6 under the fiberglass hood topic). He has a similar hood and probably knows the whole story.

Lastly, that hood costs a total $500 shipped so don't pay more!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ORDERED IT!!!

YES, I ordering my hood today for $525 and will have it in four days (drat) oh well im excited thanx i will post wis of me insalin it and it on it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts