Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my hood and was just wondering HOW THE H*!! DO YOU MOUNT IT!!! the hole's they gave me are to small the ones that connect the hood to the car. AND where iis a good plave to put hood pins for it??? I want the damn thing on bad. any help is useful ( I hope )

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Remember, the hood is not a direct bold on. Even after you get it mounted, it will most likely be uneven or one side will be higher then the other. The location of the hood pins depend on the type of pin you got. If anything you can mount them in the reinforcement bar that the headlights and the radiator are fastened to.

Show us some pics man.... show show!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Don't use the factory bolts for that hood, use the ones they provided to you or buy smaller screws. As for hood pins, like Jorge said, do it on the radiator reinforcement, there are several rubber stopper, Just remove the inner two, those are good points for mounting the pins.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The hood did not fit right as you said, sooo...

Like you said the hood sat higher on one side than the other how do fix that? and then the hood latch that they provided is to big well uh I mean it to tall by an inch or so what shoud I do call Erebuni and tell then to send me a new hood or what? Do you have this hood if so how did you fix it so it was on even I'm aferaid to do any thing becuase I dont want to break it. Also with the part that it attaches to the car the hood latches I guess on the hood is i reinforced with meatel at all??? and info once agian is great.

P.S. MY CAR IS STAYIN SILVER (it's a new paint job but it's a very sparkly/shiny silver i love it over all the color screw yellow!!!! go sliver!!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
If you call Erebuni, they'll tell you that all of their parts require some kind of body work in order to be installed right.. If they send you another hood, it will be the same or have other imperfections in different locations. REMEMBER, THIS HOOD IS NOT A DIRECT BOLT ON! You WILL have to have some body work done in order to install it properly.

I'm afraid you have to bring it to a shop and see what they can do.

I'm sorry to say this now, but I think it would have been cheaper to add custom hood scoops on the stock hood than buy the hood and spend all of the money it costs to have it installed right..

Either way, good luck.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah crap....

uh by body work you mean what plus it sets on my tie bar and if you think about it, it's just the stock hood with mods done to it, oh well I hope the plave I take it to will/ can do it, is it hard and do you have this hood?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
coldnoodle's hood

coldnoodle is your hood custom or can you buy it??? if so how much???

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Nope, I don't have this hood but know a lot of people that have dealt with custom hoods to know what to expect.

I would take it to a good shop that knows how to work with fiberglass andd show them how the hood sits on the car and ask them if they can fix it....Also, no matter how bad you want this hood on.. don't do anything yourself, you'll probably make it worse. Don;t take that personal.

G

·
0 Posts
Hmmm I have that exact same hood. I didnt forsee any of those problems, but I did have a shop install for me so I disnt have any headachs. I am sure a reputable shop can install it for about $200 or so. Just look around. NEVER I mean NEVER try and play with fibre glass youself, it requires alot of experience. But good luck and trust me, you will love the looks you get. BTW if anyone is intrested, there is a bulk buy going on right now. If you are in the NorthWest section, please email me as we have a shop here that will do the install with the bulk buy at $500 installed, with the hood. Thats the exact same price Eurbuni sells it for BUT this is installed and painted. Thanks!

·
Registered
830 Posts
If the hood is uneven and cannot be fixed by simple adjustments, then you might have to use body filler to even it out. As for the latch, they "should" have a small piece of metal plate for reinforcement. And if your latch is too long(not sure if this is your problem with the latch), then you have to adjust the hood lock which is the part that sets on the radiator support. You have to loosen the bolt and move the lock up or down accroding to your need. Also the hood might hit the tower bar, that is because the slope of the outlets actually made the hood a bit lower, so....

BTW, my hood is a customed hood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts