Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is that the only kit made like that?

And are there any other kits for a 6 that have a replacement rear bumber, not just quarter panels?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if your wondering what the 44 style kit looks like, look at the top of this page, the silver mx6

·
Registered
806 Posts
There is a Mazdaspeed kit at www.corksport.com that is what I call mild compared to the big mouth Shogun type styles. As far as rear bumper replacements, I haven't seen any, just the side dress up panels.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Dont

dont order from cork whatever dot com, they are a rip off! if youre going to get erebuni get it from erebuni.com dont order from them.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Its not a rip off, they just carry imported products. The MAzdaspeed kit is so expensive because they import it from japan and the fact that its very expensive to make fiberglass body kits in japan because of environmental issues or something. And the erebuni style 44 is totally a different body kit than mazdaspeed. Although the erebuni one is more appealling, its quality is far from mazdaspeed's. Erebuni's kit doesn't fit well. I heard the bumper in the back is a bit wider and needs modifications to fit, very costly to do unless u have body shop friends. and the front needs mods to it too. I think the sides need trimming also. Jorge, any thoughts on the erebuni kit. I might need one for my other car since it got in an accident and i need a new rear bumper

·
Registered
275 Posts
i have the erebuni and it works PERFECT, there is no trimming needed!

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
lucky u, i heard some ppl get bad ones and others get good fit ones like urs. Oh well, that's erebuni rep. Too bad thats the only kit with rear bumper replacements.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ciranrap..........Urs fit perfect. Thats good news. At least I have a chance to get good one, as small a cahnjce as it may be it is still a chance. I have done a fare amount of fiberglass work before. But if i don't have to mess with it the more time I will have to do other mods. If I have to do it well then @- Erebuni. But if they are the only ones that make this kit then I am stuck in a corner.

As my Question still remains, since all of these kits are copies of originals, then who makes the original of the 44 style like Jorge has. plz help guys. Any info appreciated. Thx.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the notes Jorge. I have already bookmarked your site under my favorites. I don't want to copy u. But when it's tight it's tight. If you ever need any Audio or electrical advise about the car let me know. I used to be and installer for 4 years up until about a year ago. Now I work for FedEx. MX6's , Ferrari's, Lambo's, Hummer's. I worked on the best. My knowledge is your benefit. Anyway, keep on going. Car looks great. Later.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well virtual I hope that I may pick your brain on the audio side of things. I am getting ready to do a new install in about a month or so. need advise. But I really want that kit but I don't know jack about body work and have no friends that work in a body shop. So I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Looks like it maybe the TC kit but I prefer the lines of the 44 kit})

·
Registered
17 Posts
rear bumper replacements.

I purchased the whole body kit on line from nebay for less then 100 not including the shipping of course, its fiberglass and actually took me a month to make it fit. I used a dremel tool and alot of patience but finally got it right. (including the side skirts. I will post the new pictures here soon. I am preparing to leave it at a shop to have it painted orange and black two tone. similar to the RX7 on tokyo drift. I know it will look great just alot of time and patience. I put the JDM head lights on it as well as the JDM tail lights. It looks out of this world. Everone ask me what the heck kind of car is it. as even I dont think it looks like a mazda. I put a 7" tv in it, as well as a wood grain dash and the brushed alluminum bezel. it has the high flow exhaust as well as headers and cat back. I made a cold air intake for it and installed the gorilla chip. I am putting on erebuni wing and the erebuni lighted mirrors too. I hope to have the photos of her up here next month. The car has a four cylender it cost 36 to fill it and I am pushing almost 40 MPG. Oh I also tinted the windows super dark as well. If you need any help just let out a hallor and yup Ill help however I can. Oh and this week I will be making the head light covers to put on the JDM Halo head lights too. Almost forgot, I have installed the strut tower bars both front and rear already too. It came with 17" Konigs on it but I think thier ugly I will replace those in time too.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Nonono, he has "JDM halo's":lol: I just have to see this 'wood grain dash and the brushed alluminum bezel' so sgt_crump, please do remeber to post pics:E

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
if you wanna sell your JDM front and tail lights let me know.

lol ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
ohh yea, sorry my bad, these were halo head lights, and alteza tail lights, what ever thier cool looking so the name is just a name, the wood grain dash is the same you would see in a OEM type of install. The rest of the car turned out perfect as well. However, just to buy the Orange with gold pearl paint was over $1,000. So wasnt chap to get her painted in the least bit. Trying to get some other stuff done to her as well. I did do a pillar pod on her that turned out ok, but not perfect. But really dont be stuck so much on a name if you know already what Im talking about. Who really cares about a simple name, I am trying to up load a picture but it hasnt worked yet. Ive been offered $7,000 for it and havent wanted to part with her yet. Like I said I love this car now.
Oh and Im not doing to bad considering im in and out of the hospital going thru surgeries for injuries incurred in Iraq, Ive been doing this in my spare time with my son. Weve been working on her since November

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
ohh yea, sorry my bad, these were halo head lights, and alteza tail lights, what ever thier cool looking so the name is just a name, the wood grain dash is the same you would see in a OEM type of install. The rest of the car turned out perfect as well. However, just to buy the Orange with gold pearl paint was over $1,000. So wasnt chap to get her painted in the least bit. Trying to get some other stuff done to her as well. I did do a pillar pod on her that turned out ok, but not perfect. But really dont be stuck so much on a name if you know already what Im talking about. Who really cares about a simple name, I am trying to up load a picture but it hasnt worked yet. Ive been offered $7,000 for it and havent wanted to part with her yet. Like I said I love this car now.
Oh and Im not doing to bad considering im in and out of the hospital going thru surgeries for injuries incurred in Iraq, Ive been doing this in my spare time with my son. Weve been working on her since November
Hey, can you post up some pics? Doesn't sound too bad

If you're not sure how to post pics, email them to [email protected] and I'll do it for you :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.