1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cutoff

front

rear clip

They take H3 bulbs. I'm not going to use them, so need to get rid of them. If you'd like dimensions, let me know.

$75 shipped

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Chef, you are not gonna have enough room to do a retro in the fog, I was toying with the idea couple years ago with some mini H3 projector (about the same size as the ES300's), but the housing is just too small. Even if you cut open the back of the housing, you will still run into problem with the frame, you won't have enough room to put the bulb in or cover it afterward, then you'll have to deal with making some clear lens, because our stock lens will mess up the cutoff.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd love to use these myself...but don't think I have anywhere to put them besides try and flush them into the bumper cover...and being the bumper cover isn't a stationary piece of material, the light would get all bouncy.

I'll take dimensions when I get home tonight :)

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
length, front of glass to rear bulb base = 4"
widest width without tabs = 3"
outer edge to edge bottom mounting holes = 3"
projector glass is 1.82" diameter

Glass is colored yellow, it's not tinted :)

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
It would be a damn tight fit in a 2g fog. The housing with the front lens removed is 4" at it's deepest point and only has a 2 1/2" opening at the widest point. I don't think they would fit without major modifications and them. Like ZE Power MX6 said, there is the issue of the 2g fogs sitting literally right against the frame.

An option that hasn't been thought of would be to use a 626 fog light cover/filler and cut a hole in it to mount the projector into.

To end up with something resembling this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts