Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first time I've come into the Euro forums, but I have an important issue I think you might be able to help me with. My 1991 626 4 door has those annoying auto seatbelts, and they are broken. I want to swap in some manual belts, but they are nearly impossible to find here in the states, I don't think they make them. The belts from the 2 door (mx6 here in the states) do not fit in the 4 door, I have tried myself. I saw a picture of a 4 door 626 I believe is euro spec, and it had manual belts. If any of you know where I could get a set that would be excellent. Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
We have had Auto seatbelts for years... I doubt there is any available..

Just get another set from a breaker..

John

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
I don't know if I am going to be able to find some.
But I will look for them the next time I go to the junkyard here (This week end maybe).

There are plenty of 626 here.

Peace
NSXR

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fr3d said:
i think they would be at a junk-jard.
but remember the shipping could be very $$
I don't care what the shipping would be. If you could find me a set of manual seatbelts out of a 4 door I would pay.

Einstein said:
We have had Auto seatbelts for years... I doubt there is any available..Just get another set from a breaker..
I think I know whats wrong with mine, but I HATE them with a passion. If I could get some manual belts I would be in heaven.

Here's the pic I saw, should be a japanese model but I thought you might have gotten manual belts in europe too.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, I just called a couple of Mazda dealers, they don't even list it as an option. So, if any of you euro dudes could find some for me that would be the coolest thing evAR! I would need the belts, the peice the belt clips into, and all the mounting hardware. If you guys could help me out I would be in your debt forever!

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NSXR's sidebar says he's from Florida, and since the manual seatbelts were never an option in the states I'll bet someone a set of manual seatbelts that he wont find any :D So, fr3d, if you're up to the task I would be honored to have you find me a set of manual belts.

Not trying to be bossy or anything but since this might be spendy, and is overseas, I'd like to get it right the first time. What I would need is BOTH sides of the front only (driver and passenger). I need the belts themselves and the part they click into in the center (hopefully with a wire so the damn thing won't buzz at me 24/7). All the mounting bolts and peices (there might be some small metal mounting peices). Basically everything. The most important thing is that it's from a 4 door, as the 2 doors DO have manual belts but they don't fit.

Like I said, sorry if I sound bossy or am saying things too many times, I just want to make sure this is good the first time. Thank you so much.... :D

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think it really matters, but mine is a 91 so if you see a 91 you could grab them. I don't know if they have black interiors in europe, but if you find them in black that would be masterful. If not, color doesn't really matter because I'll end up dying them or something... but grey or beige come next. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
NSXR is a French National, but lives in the US.. at the moment, he is back home in France...

Usual colour of interiors is Black, Grey, Red or Blue..

John

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Sorry for the confusion guys ...

I am a French national currently living in the US.

I am currently in Miami (USA) and I will be in France at the end of February for 3 months.

Since Nurburgring 2006 is at the End of April I wil attend.

Peace
NSXR

PS: I am not sure if the option was ever available in the US but I wil still check at the Junkyard here in Miami. My MX6 has manual seatbelts ... dunno bout the 626.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NSXR said:
PS: I am not sure if the option was ever available in the US but I wil still check at the Junkyard here in Miami. My MX6 has manual seatbelts ... dunno bout the 626.
Yeah it wasn't on 626's, but it can't hurt to check. Thanks :D

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Hey,

Just to confirm that I couldn't find manual seatbelts for the 88-92 626 here.

Sorry dude ...

Peace
NSXR

1 - 18 of 18 Posts