Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was only a quicky from lights. Stock 2nd gen auto tried to beat me up inside lane(his lane ended). The datto jumped him off line, but once he was moving he started to catch, but by that time, I'd won the lane. so who says 8valves and webbers are to old school to be worthy of worrying about.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Picking on an automatic second gen is like racing a crippled child... The Torque converter sucks way too much power and they're normally in the 16's if anything (a rare few exceptions I mind you) and last I checked 16 second 1/4's are NOT fast :shrug:

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I raced a 626 turbo b4, back then I only have an intake, took him as soon as I hit 2nd, he was stock tho :shrug:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
MazdaMX6 said:
I raced a 626 turbo b4, back then I only have an intake, took him as soon as I hit 2nd, he was stock tho :shrug:
Notice...
a) my signature - I used to be the owner of an automatic 2nd gen V6 and have driven in other automatic V6's.... the mod's varied... either way (even with juice) the butt dyno was not impressive...

b) I looked at facts.. I have seen numerous automatics run 16's and low 16's at that... with the exception of a few freak models, lets face it.... Automatic MX6's are not the best drag racers (although you may think so)

c) this topic has been discussed numerous times... 1st gen vs 2nd gen and we all know that its a drivers race... lets not forget the factors involved.. even though we'd like to think our F2T's are as tough as the day they were built, they're not... maybe you raced an automatic, maybe you raced one with a 55 across all 4 cylinders, maybe you raced one that was juicing.. dont know and dont care...

I wasn't trying to bash second gens... just putting things into perspective (where they belong)... BTW stock with 7.3psi and a 7.8:1 compression... i'd say 1st gens hold their own pretty well... but thats just my opinion :shrug:

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Mazda_Speedstar said:
Notice...
a) my signature - I used to be the owner of an automatic 2nd gen V6 and have driven in other automatic V6's.... the mod's varied... either way (even with juice) the butt dyno was not impressive...

b) I looked at facts.. I have seen numerous automatics run 16's and low 16's at that... with the exception of a few freak models, lets face it.... Automatic MX6's are not the best drag racers (although you may think so)

c) this topic has been discussed numerous times... 1st gen vs 2nd gen and we all know that its a drivers race... lets not forget the factors involved.. even though we'd like to think our F2T's are as tough as the day they were built, they're not... maybe you raced an automatic, maybe you raced one with a 55 across all 4 cylinders, maybe you raced one that was juicing.. dont know and dont care...

I wasn't trying to bash second gens... just putting things into perspective (where they belong)... BTW stock with 7.3psi and a 7.8:1 compression... i'd say 1st gens hold their own pretty well... but thats just my opinion :shrug:
HUH? I never think the auto is fast, the tranny killed their performance, I have a 5-spd :shrug:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
sounded as if you were bashing on the 1st gen's since I made the harsh yet truthful statement about 2nd gen ATX's... ahh well we both know where we stand with 200 dollars in mods...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts