Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i'd tell everybody who hasn't figured it out already, throw out those 5x7's in the back of your car and get 6x9's. I bought the adapter kit for 20 bucks today and install was pretty easy. Put in Rockford Fosgate Fanatic series HPC 1369. One of the more expensive speakers out there, but I lined em up with the Kappa's and liked em better (fosgates kick ass for hard rock/metal).
Anyway, my stereo got 500 times better with these speakers, and i can't wait to do kick panels with component sets. I already have a JVC 45wx4 headunit.

G

·
0 Posts
rf sucks

why don't ypu go to a car audio place and get some jl comp.or mb'ssome thing better than rockford they suck ass. and 6x9 suck a 6' or a 6.5 will sound way better you should of gone with the inf.

·
Registered
358 Posts
What kind of adapter kit did you get. I didn't know there was an adapter to make 6x9's fit in a 5x7 space. Do your speakers mount above or below the rear deck with this kit, and was any cutting necessary?

·
Registered
100 Posts
where do i get the spacers or converter

where can i get these for the 6x9's

--thanks, mcbride

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dude settle down!!

rf sucks
why don't ypu go to a car audio place and get some jl comp.or mb'ssome thing better than rockford they suck ass. and 6x9 suck a 6' or a 6.5 will sound way better you should of gone with the inf.

Man, the reason they make so many speakers is that everybody listens to different music, with different ears. I totally disagree with you saying a 6.5 is better than a 6x9...maybe if you listen to hip hop or techno and have a sub, but for the time being, I need more range than 6.5's have to offer. I lined up several brands I was considering, and my fosgates were my fav. There lower end speakers are garbage, but the top ends rule for my music. I am also going to school for audio recording, so sound quality....not big bass or loudness is whats important to me.
For everyone asking where to get the kit, any good audio shop should have em, and if not, the same companies that make any plastic car audio adapters usually make em.

G

·
0 Posts
sound quality

i have owned rf stuff it sucks have you ever heard any thing else besides rf and best buys crap and 6.5 sound ten times better then 6x9 look at any comp. system and you can see for your self what sounds good. i listen to just about every thing under the sun. and i'm sure the anly reason you went with the rf's is because you didnt have the money.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Personally I'm extremely happy with my Polk Audio DX7 5x7's. Ultimately I guess it'd be best to eliminate the rear speakers altogether and use the holes as ports for your sub if you're after a truly accurate soundstage, but aside from greater availability, I see no real advantages to 6x9's over a pair of good 5x7's.

G

·
0 Posts
thank you

you are right you dont need the back speekers ive seen two comp. ready mx6 both with out rear speakers and 3way components mb quartz of corse

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mx6blubiu - don't tell me i went with a brand cause i didn't have the cash...i woulda bought pioneers...i told you i like fosgates and i'm not lying...and they were not very much cheaper than mb's, and I bought em at a good car audio shop, with several brands, not a damn best buy. I can have any speaker i want, and like i said, I don't have a sub, so i am not looking at what competition stereos have right now. When I choose to complete my system, my 6x9s will prob be gone...but this is my stereo...NOT YOURS!!!

[Edited by canadian-as-hell on 04-21-2001 at 04:32 PM]

G

·
0 Posts
settle

if you mere looking at mb's you were looking at the wrong ones the good qualities one start at about 400 and thats for the 2 pice comp the good 3 pice comp are about 600 im still telling you 6 or 6.5 or any speaker that is round will sound better because sound is made to travel in a complete circle like a riple on a pond not in an oval if you want to keep dis. this you know where to find me

G

·
0 Posts
I have put 6 x 9's in the rear of my MX-6 as well, with absolutly no cutting. I made the adapters myself and mounted the speakers from below. It looks great! You can't even tell that the holes were meant for another size!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Why are you guys arguing about that this size is better than the other its all to do with personal preference. Everybody likes different type of sound.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Actually I would rather disconnect the backs all together and just have a true "front stage" setup. Hell, you really can't take full advantage of any speaker that close to your subs unless they have thier own seperate enclosed box. Just my 2 cents but I don't have 6.5 in my door either. I have found that 5.25 have a tighter response which is what fronts are for.....

G

·
0 Posts
I have the exact same setup . . . Cool.

The reason why I went with 6 x 9's in the back is because they are much, much cheaper (supply and demand).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts