Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everywhere I look, every magazine, on EBay. Every car with the hood raised sitting in a Hollywood Video parking lot. Everyone and their mother are using RHB5 turbo's with MX6 intercoolers.The new Import Tuner has an MX3 with a 323 ex man and an RHB5, it says it pushes 200 hp @ 6 psi:eek: I'm with that because it's still a Mazda, but when it comes time to finding RHB5's in the junkyard, it's almost like finding T Bird TurboCoupe's. FEW AND FAR BETWEEN, you rarely ever find a T Bird TC in the junkies, or if you do, the Turbo is allready gone. I guess that is the same for every turbo:shrug: but there are other cars with turbo's too, like Chrysler & Dodge, sh!t even Caravans came turbo'ed, granted most of those turbo's suck, or should I say blow. I guess my point is, LEAVE OUR RHB's ALONE:lol:

Discuss

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm just mad because I spent all-day at the junkies and didnt find a damn thing except every Chrysler and Dodge with the turbo still in it, I even stood behind a guy who was paying for an RHB5 and Intercooler and had a Civic parked outside:mad: On a side note, I did find an Isuzu Impulse, but, you guessed it, the RHB5 was gone:(

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Geez, I should feel quite lucky (although part of the problem myself) b/c around here the local yard gets GT's in quite often. I have pulled 2 in the past few months and seen at least 4 others that I chose to leave, including an AWD DSM (not an RHB5 but turbo none-the-less). I pull them and other parts for my car, then sell the turbo to compensate for what I spent on parts for my car :E .works.

·
Registered
581 Posts
yeah i have a ton of junk yards around here and for me finding the t bird ihi i had no luck.. same with the stock probe mx6..

but chrysler's and dodges are a dime a dozen.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts

their are at least plenty on ebay and their are so many different variations I don't think their will be a problem finding cores/parts for a long time. A T3 wouldn't be that big of a swap if things get really out of hand.

They are popular because they offer great flow in such a small package.

Neil

G

·
Re: ..

neil85ae86 said:

They are popular because they offer great flow in such a small package.
So do straws. :shrug:

They are popular because they are cheap, plentifull, and are sized decently for a small (1.6litre) 4 cylinder.

G

·
Hard to find turbo?

If you need to find an RHB5 turbo check this out also any other turbo for that mhttp://www.mjmturbos.com/atter.})

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Hehe, I had MJM rebuild my IHI RHB5 VJ-158 about 2 years ago. Costly b/c most of my turbo was ruined, so I pretty much paid for an almost brand new turbo, but it ran great. I had it on my FE3 for a few months, pulled 15psi all day to 7000rpm's. It just wasn't big enough for the FE3. I dealt with Jaime, not sure if he's still there or not, but I was definately pleased with the results. BTW: cost was $550 to do the job. The only part re-used was my compressor housing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts