Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So what did I do wrong this time lol.

I am using autotune and the megalogviewer and its VE Program.

I made a pref range for A/F from the wideband (And I set it to the right wideband in both MS and the log viewer) and I am still running stupid rich 13:1 to 12.5:1 while crusing and its pissing me off. I am almost through half a tank and have gone 70 miles.

I have done 3 Logs, autotuned set everything leaner and nothing its still rich so I messed up SOMETHING, SOMEWHERE.

Tell me what you need to see I can take pics of my table, my Custom.ini, my Target AFR Table, My table in the Megalog Viewer all of it. I screwed something up and at this point I am not sure what since I thought I double checked everything. :mad:

By the way I am using the Dynojet Wideband Commander 1.

Heres Some Pics:

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Everything looks OK to me, but you need to turn EGO controller step size to 0 (off) while you are tuning. I had listed this in my autotune walkthrough.

Whats happening is you have to many variables changing the VE table.

1) EGO correction is making adjustments to the squirts
2) Autotune is making adjustments to the VE table (are you burning these to the ECU?)
3) Megatweak is giving you new VE tables (are you putting these into the MSQ?)

What you need to do is isolate all the variables.

1) Turn EGO corrections off (step size to 0)
2) Turn Autotune off.

Start the car, see where it sits AFR and just manually tune the idle. You should see DIRECT changes in the AFR when you are making adjustments (after you burn the values to ECU of course).

Be sure after you have manually made adjustments or you let autotune run for a while you need to go to File > Burn to ECU. If you do not do this step your manual, and autotune changes will never be accepted by the controller. It is recommended to turn the car off when you do this.

Eliminate the variables, take baby steps like adjusting just the idle until it is correct. Once you start making adjustments in the VE table and you see the AFR responding you know you are on the right track.

Edit - If you plan to keep using autotune, you can make the target voltages for 100 and 110 kPa to 2.76 also there should be no issue with running 14.3 AFR @ 100 kPa, you will never get to 110 since you dont have a turbo. (100 kPa = 0 psi)

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I found my flaw in the Megatweak/logviewer. I thought the second selection for wideband was if you were not using the AFR Scale, turn that one to Dyno Jet and suddenly my AF is getting a lot closer but still not where I want it.

I keep reading to leave EGO on in one walk through and off in yours I just mix them up, I will turn it on. I gave up on Autotune for now and just play with it myself while data logging.

I will drop the EGO for now and see how it goes.

Thanks as always Stealth your a huge help and I know these are basic questions you have probably dealt with MANY times.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
No problem, once you see your manual tuning giving you the results desired (aka, the AFR following your manual adjustments) you will never go back to autotune :)

Autotune will rough in your VE table, but if you want it to be tuned accurately you either need to play a hell of a lot with autotune adjustment values, or just do it manually.

once you get the hand of manual tuning you will never go back to autotune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts