Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the mounts have been changed, plugs and wires. What could it be? It shakes like at a red light while stopped. So much that it seems to be rattling the hood. Also shakes this way in Park. No shaing while driving. The shaking only occurs when the car is stopped or idle. Any ideas?

·
Registered
141 Posts
whats ur idle speed at.. shouldnt be below 500 mark.. If your sure that everything else is working well, you can simply adjust your idling screw on the intake manifold

·
Registered
734 Posts
Could be misfiring. When was the last time you checked your pugs, wires and maybe disty cap and rotor? Could be an O2 sensor is shot causing the engine to run rich and misfire. Could be a ton of things. Timing could be off? I would start by checking those!

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
mgm719 said:
All the mounts have been changed, plugs and wires. What could it be? It shakes like at a red light while stopped. So much that it seems to be rattling the hood. Also shakes this way in Park. No shaing while driving. The shaking only occurs when the car is stopped or idle. Any ideas?
What mounts did you replace, I'm sure you didnt replace all 5.

Did you replace them with OEM, or aftermarket parts?
-Garrett

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Nakano_Kid said:
Could be misfiring. When was the last time you checked your pugs, wires and maybe disty cap and rotor?

just for everyones reference, a misfire wont clear up when you increase the engine speed. what hes describing isnt a misfire, its 'running rough'. an ignition miss would get worse with engine speed. its likely a vacuum leak or something that is preventing atomization of fuel at idle. could be a failing IAC.

whats your idle speed at? how far does it drop when you put it into gear?

G

·
My car is doing the same thing but my idle speed drops when decelerating (slowing down to a complete stop ) then the car starts the shaking until you give it gas and then its fine

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I agree with the IAC possibility.

Not sure if our cars have this, but what about an idle-position switch? If we don't have this, then maybe the TPS is bad or out of adjustment due to wear?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts