Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Dang, last night, the start of spring break, my friends asked if I wanted to go to the runs with them. I knew that the runs don't usually start till friday or sat, but they insisted there was going to be heads there so I went. haha, when we go there, NO CARS! dissapointed, but not a total lost. we had like 20 heads with 6 cars. my 93 mx-6 v6 mtx, a 96 integ mtx, a 89 fixed prelude atx, a 92 legend atx, a 96 civic mtx and a mustang(some new gay model, not the gt or saleen). I swear that mustang should have beaten us but the driver just didn't know how to drive... he spent all his time at the start spinning out his tires! I don't think that integ was a v6 cuz it had trouble keepin up with the civic so that car wasn't much competition. the prelude hung, but it couldn't take my 6. I guess the race of the night was the legend. We lined up 4 times... the first, he had a jump on me( slow accel), I just couldn't catch up after that but he only beat me by 1/2 car and this strip of road that was 1/2 mile long. I knew I wasn't running my car hard and since his was an auto, he probably was flooring it and sitting back to see wat happens. we lined up again, this time I had a jump off of him and and never looked back... I won, but it was the first time I ran my car so hard! nearly redlining every shift and just letting it redline on 3rd gear( which I didn't know can bring you above 80 mph) cuz I didn't wanna shift or he'd take me. He wanted a rematch and we were neck and neck through out the whole strip, too close to call, so we did one last run, we brought in the integ and mustang too. this was our last run of the night, because someone saw someone else snitching on our exclusive runs so we had to jam before the po-po's get there.we all took of, my 6 wining one last time, and headed home... haha ok, just had to tell someone, they weren't pretty cars that I took that night, but I took a lot of them! heh

·
Registered
666 Posts
Damn, that sounds like FUN. I really need to hit the races this weekend...
Grats on the kills, btw. Mazda power, baby!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well integras don't come in v6's. Only I4.. if it was a GS-R or one of those "type r" then you wouldn't have won (i don't think) And about those mustangs.. if they are not a v8 (GT, cobra, saleen) then they are shit compare to us. Those things are sloow without their v8's. Nice kills though.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
No, the top model 6's (GT, LS) would take Integra GSR's but not by much. They have something like 170hp but not as much TQ. The Type R Intergra on the other hand would beat us in stock form but not crush us. With some normal bolt-on mods, we'd be hanging with them, if not beating them.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Great story man.

On the Integra, I'm pretty darn sure they are available in a V6. What year model we talking about?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
nah, theres no integra V6... and even if it was a GS-R, you shoulda pulled on him. and the new mustangs didnt come in cobra trim. but definately cool to be the king of the track.

they closed down the track in Albuquerque :(

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm positive that integras don't come in v6's. We would beat the GS-R off the line.. but the 94 and up GS-R's has a better time in the 1/4 mile though. And I believe the GS-R does have a turbo.. 170hp and 166tq

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
GS-Rs dont have a turbo...and when you say they (94 and up GS-Rs) have a better 1/4 mi. time... better than what? the LS,SE,GS?

·
Registered
325 Posts
MattDogg said:
The Type R Intergra on the other hand would beat us in stock form but not crush us. With some normal bolt-on mods, we'd be hanging with them, if not beating them.
are you completely insane?!! a type-r has a hand-built 195hp engine in a car that weighs 2550 lbs. that's 300lbs less than a stock mx6 LS. not to mention it's LSD. you will not beat a type-r with bolt-ons. period. the mx6 and GSR are very evenly matched stock, with a slight edge going to the GSR at top end. but really, it's a driver's race.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
but really youre talking about peak HP. vtec doesnt kick in until over 4K RPM. the right combo of bolt-ons should give a type-R a run for his money...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts