Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I am looking for an exhasut tip for my 94 red ls v6.
I am not looking for performace enhancement, but mearely a new distinct sound and look.

Is it best to get 2 new tips, i would prefer a 2 (from the muffler) into one large tip kinda setup.

I dont want a loud annoying sound, but a slightly louder, more distinct sound, so when i acclerate people who are around hear it.

Any ideas, websites, specific tips you think would best fit my needs?

thanks alot!

·
Registered
830 Posts
I don't think that you are looking for tips, it sounds that you are looking for "mufflers". And for our car there are two kind of basic design you can choose from.
1. One inlet and one outlet(single tip)
2. One inlet and two outlet(dual tips)
As for the sound, most of the cheap performance mufflers are a bit loud--specially when you put on a V6 MX-6. I will say go with some known brand, eg. Apex-i, or HKS,(or Trust if you are looking for complete system)

Changing the muffler itself is the most basic thing you can do. The more complex mods involved change the piping, cat. converter, and header...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Apex-i, can you tell me what you know about this. do they sell the dual type muffler. and how much would they run.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Apex-i has many different styles, and they do have the dual tips design. The price range from $170 to $250 for their universal mufflers. Their quality is one of the best, and depending on the muffler style, some sounds great.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i wanted to know if they are not loud but deep. i wanted to ask about the Borla type, with the dual outlet tips. or should i just get the cat back form Borla?

·
Registered
483 Posts
dear jason,

Get the borla cat-back...I'm happy with the sound, deep and bassy and i feel a big differance, i stretch those gears into 4-5rpm's and it screams. The nice thing is eveyone looks at the car like it doesn't look all hooked up. hehe

ciao,

anthony

[Edited by integrale4wd on 02-20-2001 at 06:14 PM]

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
where and how much

integrale4wd said:
dear jason,

Get the borla cat-back...I'm happy with the sound, deep and bassy and i feel a big differance, i stretch those gears into 4-5rpm's and it screams. The nice thing is eveyone looks at the car like it doesn't look all hooked up. hehe

ciao,

anthony

[Edited by integrale4wd on 02-20-2001 at 06:14 PM]
how much and where is the cheapest place to get one at?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Dear Jason,

I had paid 380 with shipping costs from car parts.com...I really love the sound now of the car with the HKS intake to go along with it. It sounds better than day number 1, it is a bit louder and more aggressive in my opinion. I feel a difference now as opposed to the stock muffler and resonator. If I get headers it would be much more noticeable...too bad borla doesn't make them.

later,

anthony

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
integrale4wd said:
Dear Jason,

I had paid 380 with shipping costs from car parts.com...I really love the sound now of the car with the HKS intake to go along with it. It sounds better than day number 1, it is a bit louder and more aggressive in my opinion. I feel a difference now as opposed to the stock muffler and resonator. If I get headers it would be much more noticeable...too bad borla doesn't make them.

later,

anthony
thanks man for the info. i might look into that this summer. wish i could find one for about 350 or so. hey man how did you make the custom heat shield for the intake?

·
Registered
483 Posts
dear jason,

I have made the design for the heat sheild in fact I will be finishing it by this weekend. Metal sheers and a ruler i need. The circle will have to be done by a jigsaw. I'll keep you posted!!!

laters,

Anthony

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hey JPMX6GT, are u kidding about the riceboy thing? That seems almost too easy and too good to be true. Tell me more about how it works...

Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
No, it's true. You get even more power if you paint a big red "R" on the can. Seriously though, has anyone had any experience with Dynamic Turbo mufflers? How would one sound on a 4-cyl? "Fart-machine" is NOT the effect I"m going for.

·
Registered
475 Posts
See this is what happens when you do not read things through. I end up making an arse of myself and become a laughing stock. Oh well.
Someone once told me that gullable wasn't in the dictionary, is that true? (this time i really am kidding)

KJ

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If stickers and cheap logos makes more HP then I would have to say this little ricer is pushing about 600-700 hp. McLaren F1 look out!

Also, I finally got up enough guts to use this wonderful equation: stickers=ponies to my computer. Being the computer nerd I am I tried it out. I highly recomend to any C++, MCSE, CCNP, or any other certified techs to try it out.:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts