Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Exhaust Info and Sound Clips

I think we should all compile our exhaust clips up into one post, and make it a sticky... So we don't have the "what does this sound like." or "I want to hear something deep."
All these clips were found from searching here, and a few on PT...

SuperflyMx6 was the one with the idea, i'm just posting it up.

Here is Greddy, Borla, and Magnaflow... All with diff types of intake/headers
http://chrono.org/scpoc2.htm#dyno

Here is another clip
http://new.uksiland.com/imagez/ (scroll down to mx6)

Magnaflow Exhaust (Malicious)
http://home.cogeco.ca/~scroswell/june%202%20026.avi

AAlonzo's exhaust
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjE0MjgyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

VOLT... By far my favorite!!!
http://home.mchsi.com/~datoay21/100_0007_4.AVI

I'm working on getting a clip of mine up.
Edit*** Here it is...
This is when I had stock piping with a generic Ebay Muffler... I don't have a clip with the same muffler on my 2.5inch custom exhaust.

There really wasn't that much rasp like it sounds on the clip... The recording is from my phone, so yeah...

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share...State=RETRIEVED

If anyone else has any clips, throw them up... Maybe this could become a sticky?
Also, any "muffler or exhaust help" Info could go in here also.
Kind of like the Body Kit sticky in Appearance, why not have an exhaust sticky in performance?

Jason

·
Registered
1,679 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Xzinum said:
i can host audio files so they could be hot-linked on here.
That sounds like a good idea, just might have to do that.

I want to see if we can get this a sticky before you go through all the work.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
this could be a great idea if people who have the time and the ability to do so. If people with mx6s or probes would go out and have someone video tape them or ride with them or whatever it takes to get the sound clip. get a friend with a camera or whatever it takes . You like to drive around anyway in your car and show off your exhaust tone, so just let us hear it too.

Then we could have a form to fill out like this:

Car:
Engine:
Cat Back System:
Custom Cat Back:
Headers:
Intake:

and whatever else you want to say about it. we can fix up the form sheet thing.

this would reduce the amount of "what does this sound like" or what is this going to sound like if i add header"

They are good questions if you are worried about that stuff and I know alot of people are. I am one of those people.

Also, this would be kinda like the PT dyno sheet thread, were if you have a question or something you dont post it in the thread. if you have a question IM the person or send a private message using the private message system on mx6.com.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that's an awesome Idea!!

That way people could get an idea on what the exhaust sounds like and such.

We could also lists prices and links to where to buy each setup...
This is just like the body kit thread in appearance, but only with exhaust in performance!!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
49 views, hmmm. What do you guys and girls think about the idea. Feel free to add to the idea that has already started. Dont be shy!!

One more thing. maybe some how we could have pictures of the setup. Somepeople like to see that too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i think the clipping of exhaust tones is a great idea, i am planning to customize mine, and from these clips i can sort of figure out what i want and need, i think other newbies would also appreaciate this.laters

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
hey! mine doesnt count! lol. That was back when my stock exhaust was ready to fall off
I dont know where else to host my other clips, but I have a magnaflow for the v6

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Well the reason behind labeling it by user is a good idea but we can looking into another way too. But I was just going off of what PT did with the dyno sheet thread they did. I have found it to have alot of good information in a readable style of post, meaning you have labels telling you what they have done to their car and how much hp and whatnot that they have.

Yea we could if we have a place to host the clips or vids, we could have a link on there that would break it down into stock, borla, pacesetter, brosal, custom, ect...but also have the post on here detailing what they did to their exhaust so there are no questions.

People would have to state weather they are using a cat or a testpipe, 2in, 2.25in, 2.5in, ect.. pipe size, mandrel bend of crush bent pipe, post a link to the muffler they used or the catback system they bought. Also if you are running a resonator, and what length it is. Also I have heard that headers make a lot of differece in the sound of the car as well as performance, so its a good idea to state which kind you have and state if they fit well when they were installed. Also what kind of engine do you have in your car. Thats about all I can think of right off the top of my head.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I have given this some more thought and this thread should contain all the information about exhaust. You can ask questions and asnwer them here in the thread. That is a better idea since all the information will be centered here.

We could also add in headers into this thread if it becomes a sticky, since I just went and looked and saw alot of post about headers.

I hope this works out, it is a great idea!!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rev has a good idea... Label the type of exhaust, then the User!

I'll ask Ruub.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
hey whats up people. I'm Looking into getting the Borla Exhaust for my 95 Mx6 ls % speed. But from hearing the clips. i think i like the Pacesetter. What are the prices?

·
Registered
555 Posts
The HS and Greddy set up on both of the Probes sounded nice. Does anyone know the total price of these set ups?

Kudos on compiling these sounds and such. Great Idea.
There should be a section like this in every area of MX6.com.
Just like the one thread in 2gen Apperance Mods. There is a sticky Listing all available kits and different Prices. Hopefully you get my idea containing performance and apperance that is...

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I believe Greddy is around the 500ish region... I beleive so anyway.
I'm glad this became a sticky... Will cut down on the exhaust t hreads... At least I hope so anyway.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts