Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sounds nice. like a race car. What all is done to it ?:tup:
Thanks, well, lots done a whole lots more to go :p But what you "hear" is a KLZE, Fidanza fly wheel, RR Racing under drive pulley, CAI, headers, cat delete, Magnaflow resonator, all flowing out 2.5" mandrel bent side exit. There is a performance chip of some sort in the ECU, but the dipstick I bought the car from couldn't remember the name of it :rolleyes: Not the Probinator chip, one that came out before it did I think. Oh, and I know you can't "hear" the fly wheel or pulley, but the lighter weight/reduced drag allows you to hear the engine tach a bit quicker.

Some day I'll break down and buy a digital camcorder, right now I just use my phone and it really doesn't do the sound justice. It's actually louder in person. Not as loud as it was with just the headers and 2.5" pipe tho, that would hurt your ears. You did not want me passing you on your left when I was doing 90mph, your left ear would ring for several hours after.

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
well since a cop pulled me over for my car being too loud(i was racin an integra [beat em tho]) i had to put the stock muffler.. and i came across an old exhaust i had that i sold to my friend. its a DNX muffler resonated. its suppose to be for a honda civic. but i put it on. it sounds really nice.
stock piping, test pipe, dnx exhaust. enjoy

Edit new video better
YouTube - mazda mx6 dnx exhaust

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
well since a cop pulled me over for my car being too loud(i was racin an integra [beat em tho]) i had to put the stock muffler.. and i came across an old exhaust i had that i sold to my friend. its a DNX muffler resonated. its suppose to be for a honda civic. but i put it on. it sounds really nice.

Edit new video better
Sounds good. :tup:

·
Registered
162 Posts

Edit new video better
LOL, I did the same thing, I put my resonator on after being pulled over for running headers and straight pipe. And I agree with T_E_D, it sounds good. :tup:

·
Registered
596 Posts

Edit new video better
taht sounds good . and apperantly this is what your car should NOT sound like LOL I laugh but I'm sad inside... YouTube - My RIce 93- Mazda MX-6 exhaust sound clip.

·
Registered
521 Posts
there's some nice sounding exhausts clips so far.

my setup consists of (still sitting in my closet)
2.5" magnaflow cat
2.5" magnaflow chambered muffler
2.5" chambered resonator (brand unknown)

The cat and resonator have about 15,000k (from my previous car) but the muffler is new. Here's what it sounded like on my Protege GT (1.8 dohc) with the stock cat.

This is going on my 626 ES V6 btw

YouTube - On ramp to highway fun ;)

JACK.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
I haven't posted in this thread yet so here are two vids I have.

One before my built motor

mods: hotshot header, high flow catalytic converter, cold air intake, and borla catback

After my built motor

mods: same as above with built motor (8.5:1 pistons, 210 degree cams) and the megasquirt tune is/was still pretty rough. :shrug:

101 - 120 of 142 Posts