Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok..i was lookin around for a new exhaust system. all of the exhaust's i found were 500-600$. then i looked up exhuasts for a probe 94 2.0 and found a nice lookin one for $200. is the exhaust the same for a mx6 of the same engine size and year?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I'm not sure, but most likely not. I say this because the probe and MX6 do share an engine and many parts, but im worried about the routing under the engine that goes from the headers through to the muffler. I don't know if the cat or any of those components are in the same place. BUT if you're looking to save some money, your best bet is to buy a quality muffler that you like, then take that to a muffler shop and say that you need the section of pipe from the catalytic converter to the muffler and you need it all installed too. Mine was a muffler, catalytic converter, and pipe, all installed for like 350. I say this because my catalytic converter that I bought the first time didn't really fit, so I wasted 50 bucks. But overall, had I done research the first time, it would've just cost 300 even. Hope this helps. PM me if u need anything else.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
from what ive heard catbacks on probes and mx6's have the same bends but are different lengths. so u can buy the probe exhaust and then modify it to fit by either putting in a pipe extension or cutting some piping off, i forget which it was. also i got a catback for my i4 made by CarX for $170 its crush bent 2.25" and it sounds great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts