Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, my muffler finally gave up. the car sounds like a harley goin on the expressway and i can't take it much longer, so i figured i might as well go with a whole new cat-back. Borla is already on the way, i just wanted to know what else am i gonna need, flanges, gaskets, bolts, that kinda stuff. should i just go to the dealer and ask them to give me everything, if you guys know what i need i'd probably be able to get it cheaper at like autozone....please help. thanks ahead

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
When I ordered my greddy, everything i needed for the install was included, and the shop put it on for me in about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
if u buy the enitre cat-back you should have no problems. just go to your shop and ask them about, it should not take them long. hope u like it.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The kit should come with a gasket for the piping betwen the muffler and the resonator. You should also replace the gasket for the part that goes into the catalitic converter. It should come with all the necessary bolts and nuts and you will reuse the existing rubber hangers. If you're having a shop do the install, there should be no problems. However, if you plan on doing it, you might have a problem when it comes to removing the nuts for the catalitic converter. Due to the exposure and heat, they tend to seize.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts