Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was wondering what kind of mods I should do to get some better performance out of my car...I wanted a faster acceleration and a guy told me I should get a new exhaust system and an open air intake....do any of you guys know how much an open air intake costs? and I've read that you guys like the borla and greddy exhaust systems..all those are dual exhausts right? how much do they cost? thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i have the hks dragger exhaust and superflow intake the exhaust is for a probe still works on the 6 sounds great and good hp increase check it out the intake i woul dlook in to hotshots or PRM intake, exhaust is about 400 or more just look around

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a borla catback with 2 1/2in piping and i just put a K&N generation II intake on today, It is awesome, it sounds sooooo great when u hit 5,000 rpm. There is a good power increase too.

·
Registered
488 Posts
There are no dual exhaust pre-built for the MX-6. If you mean dual tip then the Borla is a dual tip, the Greddy has a single 5" tip. Either will net you some extra performance but not a ton. The stock exhaust is actually pretty well built.:) For the intake you would wnt to look at Hotshot and PRM, they are the two best cold air intake one the market for the MX-6. If you have an automatic you are going to run in to fitting problems with the intake though.

·
Registered
179 Posts
so which is better? "hotshot" or "PRM" and where is a good site to buy them from.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
you wanna kick ass ... ok heres MY tried and true method, fot your intake get an eram ( http://www.electricsupercharger.com ) go at least 2 1/4 ( 3 1/4 if your me ) mandrel bent exhaust, remove the secondary throttle body behind the bend without removing the sensor ( the car has to think its still their or youll trip the obd ) plug the egr (little filter) and go with venom pc NOS ( feel the burn! ) Hotshot headers, stir and go fast. (check out corksport)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright, thanks guys
so do any of you have the sites for the exhaust and intakes?

·
Registered
257 Posts
YOU SHOT WHO WITH A WHAT NOW? WHATS THIS ABOUT PLUGGING EGR's AND SECOND T/B's? 'SPLAIN MORE PLEEEEZ! THANKS. OR E-ME DIRECT @ [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts