Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why would someone do this?

can i just use the cutting tool on my grinder to separate them?

I'm gonna send the turbo to GCG for an assessment/rebuild but the manifold weighs a ton so I'm unsure...

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
what turbo what manifold ?

because it was something only really done on cars where you had seal issues and where removal of the turbo was done with it out of the car with manifodl attached alot of newer cars you can't take the manifold off without unboltign the turbo.

·
Premium Member
3,096 Posts
I've seen large frame turbos welded to stock manifolds, because it's easy and eliminates a spacer. No thought involved with having to match the a flange to a manifold, etc. If it's a stock turbo, unbolt the exhaust housing and take the catridge and front cover to GCG. unless you want to stick a larger wheel in it. If that's the case, time for another manifold/exhaust housing.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Sabbai, i read your build thread really liked the work, really loved the body kit, how adaptable are they with 626's? are they still available?
anyway, its non standard T03 Garrett/airesearch and stock standard manifold. I think I'll cut it off with grinder , get flange made for standard manifold and get GCG to mill the turbo side of it so it fits neatly again...
guy I bought it off was an apprentice boiler maker/welder you can kinda tell.

I'm worried bout stuff getting in the turbine but as GCG are gonna rebuild it i don't think its an issue.

btw who did your manifold it looks sweet, does it give any performance boost?

·
Premium Member
3,096 Posts
The kit is slightly differnet to the 626 version. They look the same, but the shape of the bumpers are different. You'd be lucky to find a complete kit.
I built my manifold that has the external gate off the side. The other manifold from the early days is one I picked up off ebay.

·
Registered
227 Posts
hey qik 626.

I have all parts available for a RB25 T3 upgrade. Turbo,manifold,split dump and oil feed. PM me if you are inerested. *Note* you have to get rid of your air con and run a oil drain to the sump.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers for the offer but i have a t03 all ready and all the bits and pieces.
I'm gonna cut them apart at the manifold side, get the turbo flange milled nice and smooth and get someone to build/weld a flange onto the manifold side so i can get a gasket b/w the two...

·
Registered
227 Posts
no probs. If i were you, dont go to a place that laser cuts them from scratch. There is usually a min. order of something and prices are way to high unless you know of a good place that does it cheap. I bought my plate for $35 from JPC, if you're in melbourne.

Out of curiosity, what T3 is it? If it's an Airesearch, I'm guessing Saab? or something European?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its a nissan motors with airesearch written on the back of the inlet turbine not sure what off just had a look its ceramic wheel at the back steel at the front..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts