Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried or seen a MX6 with the new "Porsche Boxer" style exhaust instead of the usual twin pipe set-up.

Approx tail pipe size is 120mm by 90mm and in mirror finished stainless steel.

I was just wondering as I was about to replace mine and I thought this would look different

Any thoughts...

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
you mean the single one in the middle?

that would look tight... if you mould the old cutout out and make a new one...

·
Registered
283 Posts
How about dual exhaust like the ones on the probes at probetalk.com? There is a sighting of the only dual exhaust six in Houston from the Texas board.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
a dual DTM conversion is on my future mods list...

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
when i say it, i mean one muffler on each side... or 2 mufflers...

·
Registered
20 Posts
ok gotcha, but i think the side exhaust would be better

or maybe even quad tips like a vette

hey would a vettes exhaust maybe fit?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
i remember reading somewhere that a single muffler exhaust system is more effecient then dual on some cars. might be something to look into with our 6's. i just wish i could remember where i say that....

SolarSlash

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
true indeed... each car has a certain amount of back pressure that makes the car run at its optimum performance... too little back pressure, and the car runs poorly... but in my case, a 2.5L 4-cyl with 11:1 compression pistons, i think it would provide an advantage... as long as it doesnt hurt performance, im happy...

PS... are we gettin these headlights tomorrow or what?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ummm, I thought about a re-mould job and running it down the centre, but ground clearance on my car is already an issue in respect to exhaust boxes and pipes in my area.

I think I will go ahead anyway and just replace the twin 3" jobs that are there now, with this single box. The makers offer a life time warranity and it will only rush me £120/$170 plus fitting.

I figure that as the bodywork cut out is a kinda square that this set of pipes would look wicked.

Will post pics when all is done. I figure that with my new set of rims which are going to be highly polished but not quite chrome, it should all look very tight.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Ya I've totally thought about the Boxter Vette style of having it come straight down the middle. I'm actually planning on having it done, dual exhaust but I've going to have the spare well bumped up. I think it'll look really slick. I was also thinking about out the side of the car but that would most likely cause a lot of build up on the side of the car and on the rims which isn't good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts