Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my exhaust is shooting out gas and everytime it does it shakes the whole car. i thought it was a crack or a hole in the exhaust pipe, which there were. i sealed the cracks off but still no luck. but then i think back a couple months ago when i added fuel booster/cleaner to the gas tank. ever since then it started happening. i don't know what to make of it. any help would be welcome....

edit: also if the exhuast smoke isn't blue, is that a bad thing? because mine is coming out kinda red.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
ummm, it seems like your car has some major problems??

Blue smoke is oil burning, Ive never even heard of red unless its spitting fire and since you said that its spitting gas im sure that it might spit some fire??

Im thinking that the stuff you think is gas might be water (condensation). You also said that you put in fuel booster?? I think your car is running rich???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm 90% sure that it's also the fuel additives. i'll fill up the tank again as soon as the car's clutch is fixed. but other than that the car is fine.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
shooting out gas is normal,cause the by product of an exhaust is
all hc,co,co2,h20 and nox,O2.
the hc is raw gas,which is a case of pre ignition.
1st check your ignition component....spark plug,timming,coil.
2nd check to see if your cat works.
but the way your explain it ,it most likely your car misfiring.so check you plugs gap,ignition timming might be off,or make sure your coil is still good.this should fix your problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts