Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase an exhaust this summer, and I was just curious as to soundwise, which mufflers are good? This isn't what I'm soley basing my purchase on, but I'd definately like some noise from the muffler. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
148 Posts
MAGNA FLOW

I have had my Magna Flow muffler on my 95 MX-6 I4 for about 3 months now and I really am happy with it.. it is loud on downshifts and does not have that pissed off yellow jacket sound.. anymore.. it need about a good 2 to 3 months to break in. .but after that.. it purrs like a mad dog.... :) so in my eyes.. a MAGNA FLOW is the way to go.. this is the second one I have put on a car.. the first one was on my 95 Mazda Protege... but I wrecked it going about 130MPH...... we will not talk about that one.. it was very sad for my car.. TOTALED :( but hey.. even on a 1.5 I4 Protege it sounded great.....

·
Registered
219 Posts
exhaust

dude probly your best bet is to go with a universal muffler that you like the look of and get the pipe bent for your car but go to a muffler shop that has a good rep. My 6 has a apexi n1 universal on it and it sounds ausome and looks fat.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I have the HKS Dragger(universal style) on mine for sell, $100 shipped you are. sounds good, little loud but with a cat. and a resonator it will be great.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
picture?

You have a picture of this muffler for sale?

G

·
0 Posts
The answer to your question. GREDDY!! it looks great and sounds the best on the v6

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
I agree, the Greddy rocks, but I've been pulled over three times in the last week for it. Anyways I can't go back to the sound or look of the stock exhaust, so now I try to avoid cops as best I can.

bj

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Muffler

Go with the Magnaflow! it kicks ass and doesnt sound like a ricerocket.. its got a deep sounding note to it and I love it, had it for about 8months now

G

·
0 Posts
Why did you gfet pulled over. The Greddy is not too loud and it too sounds great it is very deep not like the pissed off bumble bee. I have had my Greddy for about 2 yrs and never been pulled over for that. Plus the Greddy is SS atleast the muffler and tip is and that is the most important part cause that is where water is most likely to collect and SS doesn't rust.

·
Registered
321 Posts
exhaust

hey no matter what you put on the six it will sound sweet I have seen guys and gals will almost all styles out there so just find what you like. I went with the dual dtm because I didn't see any civics around here (K.C. area) with them. but now I have two of them one on each side.

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
They told me any exhaust modifications that enhanced the noise level over stock were illegal. In fact they said that you aren't allowed to changed the exhaust system at all. Anyways, my buddy has been to court three times already for his HKS exhaust on his sc'd civic and he's much louder than I am, so worse case I get his case papers and go to court as well. Anyways, take it easy and good luck!

bj

G

·
0 Posts
BJ where are you located cuase the Greddy is 50 state legal. You can go to their website and download dbl levels for your exhuast so that if you do have to go to court you will have some other paperwork. They also should have given you a 50 state legal sticker to go with the exhuast. Good luck I hope you don't get pulled over again.

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
I live in Montreal, Canada. So I don't know that the 50 state legal thing applies...especially since we aren't one of your 50 states...though you guys wish we were! hehe j/k =oP

bj

·
Registered
46 Posts
stock size

is the stock piping on the 4 cyl mx6 2.75" or 3". If I did a custom exhaust up to the catalytic convertor - what size would be the best - 2.75 or 3

·
Registered
543 Posts
unless you plan on buying forced induciton some time int the near future, avoid the 3 in.

As for noise levels, my magna flow really isn't that much louder than the stock. When I first installed it, it was very loud. It turned out my stock resonator was shot. After replacing the resonator, it sounds much better now. It is a plesant growl(on the v-6).

·
Registered
321 Posts
even 2.75 is large especially for a 4cyl. 2.25 0r 2.5 will be just fine because stock pipe is only 2.0 I think.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts