Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Depends on how much you want to spend?

I have the old greddy on my 89 I'm probably going to get either a Apexi N1 or Tanabe Racing medallion next. These exhaust look and sound pretty good. The Tanabe is kind of pricey though run you about 5 bills. Hope this helped.

G

·
0 Posts
5 bills? like 5 one dollar bills? 5, twenty dollar bills? i dont understand.
I have a 89 GT and im about to get a Howitzer DTM from JC Whitney compact, it runs about 119 there but you can go to modern performance it goes for about 139. its a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
375 Posts
exaust

Hey Harry, Mazdaman means 5 bills as in $500. I have the turbo A'pex N1 muffler. It cost me $300 installed, Im getting custom 2.75 in. cat-back piping made for another $100, mandrel bent. Ill post some pics soon.

·
Registered
405 Posts
well the only advice i have is not to buy a Pace-shitter. i can speak from experience on this. the quality is not very good. about a day after having it installed the "nice" black finish burned off, exposing the "high quality" steel piping. the muffler has a weird sound that i am not to fond of as well, but i have heard others say they like the sound. to me it sounds like i have an exhaust leak, wich i dont. the only plus to the Pace-shitter is that it is mandrel bent, so no crinkles in the bends.

as far as dealing with Modern Performance, good luck. i will never deal with those people again. i have posted my disgust for those people before. if you would like me to tell it again i will be more than willing.

[Edited by smachan on 02-21-2001 at 05:48 AM]

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
The pacesetter exhaust sounds like a freaking weed-wacker. Piece of shit rusted in like 6 months.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Ractive

I am in an ebay auction to bulk buy some ractives. Ill let you know next weekend. Im gonna put one on the mx-6 gt and one on the camry and race em. ;-)

Then Im gonna go to Midas and get a 3" custom exhaust with new downpipe and hi flow cat.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Midas?
<PUKE>
Might as well throw your money in your fireplace and save yourself the trouble of driving down there.
They're SO expensive it's ridiculous.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yeah Jake....dont use Midas.
Its a waste.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
WHo then if not Midas

Well I want to get a new exhaust from the turbo back.
I went to Midas today and they said there really wasn't enough room for a 3" system, but they could do a 2.5" system from the turbo back. They said it looked pretty hard tho and I should consider an aftermarket kit with mandrel bends. WHo besides HKS makes a kit?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts