Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 mazda mx-6 v-6 with a 5 speed....I was wondering what you suggest for a high performance exhaust that will actually have a nice sound to it...I just put a stock muffler on it and you cant hear anything....I would really like to liven it up.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Don't waste your money with any cat-back "systems" as they cost between $400-$500+. Cheapest, and just as good, would be get a custon exhaust from a machine, mandrel bends, stainless steel, and 2.25" piping (2.5" if you plan on extreme mods like turbo or supercharging).

If you're really up for it...headers and a high flow catalytic converter will really get you a noticeable kick and with the stock muffler i'd suspect a pretty queit sound, but definately louder than stock.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have 2.5" custom cat back piping with a stock muffler, and it's a nice deep sound. no other mods either. Like was already said, don't waste your money on a "high-performance exhaust system", 90% of the ones out there sound like fart cans anyway.

you can check out the "other performance" forum for an exhaust clip sticky, where you can hear the most common ones for our car.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Bigtymer said:
I have a 93 mazda mx-6 v-6 with a 5 speed....I was wondering what you suggest for a high performance exhaust that will actually have a nice sound to it...I just put a stock muffler on it and you cant hear anything....I would really like to liven it up.
so you had something before since you just put back your stock muffler? not quite comprehending your question

·
Registered
761 Posts
Greddy SP2 my friend.... trust me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts