Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you're looking for a quality exhaust without breaking your bank account look into a custom 2.25" or 2.5" custom bent exhaust with a magnaflow muffler. They offer stainless steel with tips or aluminized without tips. Obviously the aluminized is less expensive but it doesn't mean the quality is any less. They have a lifetime waranty on them so it'll be the last muffler you ever buy. The construction is top notch and they don't use fiberglass which will eventually blow out. My price for a custom bent 2.25" exhaust with aluminized muffler and resonator only came out to $360.00CDN which is about $240.00US. Magnaflow's are really quiet too, they won't atract po-po and won't drone inside the cabin.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Unless you can find an universal style that you really like, otherwise, I will go for the complete system by Greddy. I have it on my car (they said probe only, but you can put on the MX6) and I love it. The quality, the look, it's one of the best. Since mx6 bumper is a bit longer than Probe, you can take it to the shop and do a 2" extension which is what I did.(but you don't have to)
It should be in your price range and it has 2.75" piping.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Ohh man.... if you have the cash.. i would definitely get a GReddy.... trust me. Apart from being the Exhaust sustem that has been dynoed to give the most HP (Depending on your other mods) and it looking th ebest with it's all chrome muffler and tip, you just have to be in a car doing like 70mph in 4th gear... trust me, it's the sweetest sound inthe world!!! :cool:

G

·
Greddy system

Greddy questions:

Does it drone?
Is the outlet pipe huge?

Personally I love a great exhaust note, but have held off due to:

a) $650
b) Don't know if there's a drone/resonance you hear
c) Can't stand gigantic exhaust outlet pipes. To me, they look idiotic unless on an appropriately sized car (last Supra tailpipe looked just right) or are smaller twin pipes that conform to the rear bumper cutout (like a BMW M-coupe or M5).

Has anyone seen a MX-6 system that has a nice twin outlet design and sounds good?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts