Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to buy a straight pipe that will fit perfectly in place of my catalytic converter. this will increase horses even while leaving on my old muffler. I am wondering how it will sound with a stock muffler and i am worried about my back pressure. will this cause my engine to go sooner? will this hurt the turbo?

also what kind of pipe would sound good on my MX-6 if i were to keep my old cat on? i dont want it to sound like a bumble bee...but something throaty.

-----------------------------------------------------------

89 Mazda MX-6 GT turbo 128,000 miles and many more to come. upgrades beginging!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
I don't think a test pipe will hurt your engine at all. It will have less back pressure and of course if you get a free-flow muffler it is even better. Loud but good. Put a nice test pipe an Ansa free-flow exhaust...there is one on eBay that has a nice sound.

good luck

·
Registered
411 Posts
Back-pressure is the bane of the turbocharger.

You need no back-pressure for the proper operation of a turbo. Back-pressue affects a turbo negatively.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Dunno bout other states, but taking off your catalytic in my state and getting caught carries a fine of $3500...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts