Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys,

who would be interested in eventually having an interstate cruize/meet type thing?

im guessing the perth/darwin guys might be too far away, but i was thinking something along the lines of meeting up in nsw, as it seems to be centralised for most members. (i.e brizzie ppls can drive down, melbourne drive up, adelade sort of across).

i guess its just a wild and crazy thought at the moment, but i think it would make for some awesome photos + memories.

so is anybody else crazy enough to be down for such a thing? and if so, when would be a good period to organise it?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I think it has been mentioned before but never happened. Personally, 3000+?km is a little too far for my liking. Thats a 6000km round trip :)

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
This would have to be a long tern thing ie 6 months or more into the future date. I have a suggestion though, how about bathurst? We had one years ago but that was in Canberra.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
holy malaka, 3000km?.. damn, i wouldnt travel that far either..

to my knowledge, melb, adel and brissie are all within around 1000km of sydney (which doesnt sound TOO bad).. im just guessing, but i could be wrong.. i didnt account for those who live up on the top end, or far west.

yeah, to be honest, i have no hope of this eventuating - but if it does, i'll defently be down for it.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I know its 1500 or 1800 from here to brisbane, but then I have no idea how far sydney is from brisbane.

There isn't many of us up this far anyway so it doesnt matter :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
It's around 900-1000kms from Brissie to Sydney

I'd be up for it...anywhere anytime

I went to the Canberra one, and was the ONLY first gen there. Amongst Probes and 2nd Gens...but still had a good time :)

Pete

·
Registered
652 Posts
Hey now! I only just drove the MX6 to Adelaide from Sydney when I bought it a few weeks back. I'm not taking her back there now, she might not want to come home :D

For those considering going, I've got some fairly good distances from the RAA charts, depending on the route:

Brisbane to Sydney: 938-962 km
Melbourne to Sydney: 842-1113 km
Adelaide to Sydney 1369-1404 km

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its nice to see some interest!

keep the suggestions/thoughts/interest coming and lets see if we can make it happen!

·
Registered
793 Posts
1400 kms! dam thats a long trip, i would have to make a holiday out of it

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Well I think we could have a 3 way
NSW,VIC and ACT meet in Canberra - I still need to re-stock my party gear. It's not fair everyone else in Lakemba has fireworks, so why can't I.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Bathurst sounds good!

·
Registered
291 Posts
yeah that sounds good
i'll drive from perth to sydneyyy
i mite b late guy lol

thats sound sikk for the ppl on the east side and i reckon u guys should meet up, i noe i would

when i get a tubo and 10 bottles of nos i go to sydney and meet up wit u guys @-

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
I'd be up for it ... but just and idea

What about NT? The roads up there were un speed limited last time I checked (outside of the towns) ... we could test our cars out without thinking we're gonna get pinged!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts