Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I'm just wondering how much extra horse power I can expect from my soon-to-be-installed J-sec intake cam in my I4?
Also, do I keep the same size time belts, the underpully required Different sizes. (I now keep an extra pair in the trunk next to the starter cables).
Thanks,
Steve

G

·
I certianly hope nobody has conned you into buying an underdriven cam gear (If such a thing even exists). The J-Spec cam will NOT change the gear size, other wise setting your timing would be a nightmare.

You will have no need to keep a replacement timing belt in your trunk, as the amount of time and equipment required to change it would be pointless to carry around, they don't usually just break like a alternator belt sometimes does.

·
Registered
165 Posts
HP gains really depend on what mods you have but I have heard its a nice gain(you feel a difference for sure). The j-spec cam causes a rougher idle which I have heard that adjusting your Idle screw up a little it will help the problem.

My guess 5-7 Hp BHP

·
Registered
679 Posts
Nick is right, the HP gain is dependent on your fueling mods, your other performance mods, and your engines condition. You see as much as 15HP and as little as 5HP

Josh

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey,
Thanks for the info. I haven't upgraded the fuel system yet, I think that might be in the next round. Thanks for the idle tip, my pumps run slower from the smaller O. R. underpulley, and any slower would start to affect my daily driving.
Steve:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts