Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm watching the reboot of The X-Files this afternoon (saved it from last night, cuz I had other things going on) and what do I see but a clean silver 2G MX-6 getting blown up REAL good by a UFO, round about 42:44 of the Web version of the show. Why is this unfair? Because I could have used those doors, since mine are badly rotted. Coulda used the rocker panels too. And the hood. And... well, you get the idea.

Don't people know how hard it is to find those things?

Of note: a cheap aftermarket sunroof was added to the solid factory sunroof so the victim could see the aliens (?) above her. Never thought of trying that as an alternative to locating one of the rare factory moonroof assemblies.

I'd complain to Fox but I'm sure they're already inundated by people complaining about the show - though probably NOT about their treatment of a poor, innocent Mystere...

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
So I'm watching the reboot of The X-Files this afternoon (saved it from last night, cuz I had other things going on) and what do I see but a clean silver 2G MX-6 getting blown up REAL good by a UFO, round about 42:44 of the Web version of the show. Why is this unfair? Because I could have used those doors, since mine are badly rotted. Coulda used the rocker panels too. And the hood. And... well, you get the idea.

Don't people know how hard it is to find those things?

Of note: a cheap aftermarket sunroof was added to the solid factory sunroof so the victim could see the aliens (?) above her. Never thought of trying that as an alternative to locating one of the rare factory moonroof assemblies.

I'd complain to Fox but I'm sure they're already inundated by people complaining about the show - though probably NOT about their treatment of a poor, innocent Mystere...
Good New is , at least its a second generation not first generation, That will be a crime in itself..lol

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
So excited, then nooooo!!!

I watched the episode finally... laying on the couch half-asleep, but I recognized it immediately and shot up in excitement as the lady (who is cast perfectly as a girl next door... :rawr: ) driving the car down the road. Then you see it coming, and you're powerless... it gets blown to bits and the trunk with the spoiler comes crashing down. I became sad immediately. Why couldn't they sacrifice a Corolla or something... like those aren't a dime a dozen.

I too noticed the clear "moonroof" that didn't fit. The install was pretty bad, but seriously what do they care?!! Anyway, the car had front and rear mud flaps... those are pretty rare too. Well, I guess pretty much everything about this car is rare. LOL

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Yeah, the whole mx6 community had a simultaneous gasp at the end of that episode last Sunday night. Painfull. RIP another one

At least it had a full life behind it at 247k :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts