Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I know I posted a while back about my clutch issues, and got some great responses. But when it comes down to it, I really don't drive my car that often (weekends only basically) and don't want to drop a lot of money on the clutch, but don't want to put crap in my car either.

Anyone use these clutch setups? Bad? Good?

I'd stick with the stock, but I plan on doing the tbird hybrid, mbc/chip, and cranking it up a bit.

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have the F1 Stage 1 clutch kit and about 2k miles on it. Its perfect IMO. Pedal feel is stock except when your letting out the pedal, it kinda pushes your foot out. I chirp 3rd no problem. If you were close, I would let you drive it to check it out.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks gotboost, actually, I'll be in San Diego the first week in April for my nieces spring break, staying in point loma, are you anywhere near there?

Also, are you running the stock flywheel or a fidanza?

Thanks!

Jason

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn, that's a good price on the ACT. Was that JUST the clutch? Or the clutch and PP kit? If it's just the clutch, what PP are you using with it.

What flywheel are you running?

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'd take the xtd over the f-1 P.O.S. ( & that's EXACTLY what it is) my new stock clutch never slipped, through the tbird or any other turbo I had....the F-1 gets an F- !!!!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I'd take the xtd over the f-1 P.O.S. ( & that's EXACTLY what it is) my new stock clutch never slipped, through the tbird or any other turbo I had....the F-1 gets an F- !!!!
have you used one? From what I hear the stage1 & 2 are junk, but the 6 puck stage 3 and 4 are good to go. Supposedly they chatter at first but eventually settle down but still hold.

This is what i've gathered from reading review threads on a few different forums.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you install it already? I wasn't sure if I could use the stock pressure plate. What pressure plate did you use?

I second that, what pressure plate did you use with the ACT 6 puck?

·
Registered
652 Posts
have you used one? From what I hear the stage1 & 2 are junk, but the 6 puck stage 3 and 4 are good to go. Supposedly they chatter at first but eventually settle down but still hold.

This is what i've gathered from reading review threads on a few different forums.
Yes, I have used the f-1. it slipped like a greased pig from day one & don't look for help from the vendor IF you have a problem with it. I've swapped clutches in this car many times before & on my other probes. The F-1 experience couldn't have been worse.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rizzo, WHICH F1 did you use, you didn't specify. There seems to be a mixed bag of reviews...some good, some bad.

I'd like to know what PP mx6-hyrbrid used in his setup.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Rizzo, WHICH F1 did you use, you didn't specify. There seems to be a mixed bag of reviews...some good, some bad.

I'd like to know what PP mx6-hyrbrid used in his setup.
F-1 stg 1 was what I had

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, the consensus seems to be that the stage 1/2 are crap, but the 3/4's are pretty decent. That's probably what I'd end up going with.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i have a F-1 stage one clutch from ebay in the 626 and its been in a year and it has been flawless. no problems what so ever.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I guess you didnt break it in then if it was slipping on day one.
that's just it.....the damn thing slipped under grandma-ish conditions....break in period was a moot point w/ this p.o.s.:tdown:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts