Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I wasn't sure where to post this but I think this is the right place. I was doing a search for something and came across this. To get you guys in the mood, here is what the google search title looks like: F150online Forums - Slapped a Mazda MX6

ok and here is the post and as well I put the link at the bottom incase anyone cares to "reply" lol. and even funnier I'm wondering if the person he "beat" is on this board? :lol:

Slapped a Mazda MX6

Bill Murray
12-27-2003, 06:19 PM

Funny thing is I don't know if this is good or bad.

I have spent 20 fruitless minutes trying to find a road test on the MX6 to see how fast it is stock without any luck.

In any case, I finally escaped the voluntary imprisonment of being at my HobbyTown USA store for 37 consecutive days (retail is heck at Christmas) and took the long way home at 4:00 and cruised my favorite hunting ground, Dallas Highway.

Ran across a dark blue MX6 coupe that was very tastefully riced out (no stickers) nice rims and nice exhaust etc. Got clear of all traffic and played a bit till we came to a light.

Sort of did the head nod "yep let's do it" and hit it at the light.
Said Mazda obviously had the filter/exhaust done and I don't know what else. Was a manual trannie car. Got me by about two car lengths, maybe a bit less until the Wood got up on the cams and then it was no contest. This truck still amazes me in that once it gets to 3500 rpm or so on full throttle it pulls like no unblown vehicle I have ever driven. Speed limit on this 4 lane divided country highway is 55 and I let of at about 75 having several car lengths on him. He kept his foot in it and went on by. Not happy I suspect being beat by a big ugly black truck.

It's all good. Made my day I must say. Now, someone needs to come up with a road test to tell me if I beat a reasonably close vehicle or if it was a no-contest deal. I would bet a stock MX6 is probably a 16 second car but I just can't find the evidence.
Bill and btw, happy New Year to all.

J-150
01-05-2004, 01:56 PM

sister car to the Probe.

FInd a review on the Probe and the MX6 numbers should be close.

Bill Murray
01-05-2004, 06:52 PM

J-150:

Ouch, ouch, ouch.

If I only beat a Probe clone I had better delete the thread.
Bill

Frank S
01-05-2004, 08:48 PM

Dangit Bill you forgot to hit the flashers when you were done racing, signaling a victory. :lol:

http://www.f150online.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-140786.html

·
Registered
161 Posts
was it a v6 or i4, my bet is that it was a 4banger, thats like us bragging about beating a civic, whatever, keep racing

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
xx6 said:
was it a v6 or i4, my bet is that it was a 4banger, thats like us bragging about beating a civic, whatever, keep racing
you should be posting that up on the forum 1FIERCEGT linked to :lol: lol not here

·
Registered
677 Posts
tyler886 said:
But the more important question, was it a 1G or a 2G?

Musta been a 2G :lol:

-Tyler
Had to have been a 2G i4, no way other wise. My old 1994 626 i4 was a slug, a turbodiesel could out run it (So it seemed). Now unless this was an F-150 Lightning, thats another story...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
91MazdaMx6GT said:
Had to have been a 2G i4, no way other wise. My old 1994 626 i4 was a slug, a turbodiesel could out run it (So it seemed). Now unless this was an F-150 Lightning, thats another story...
im assuming it's a 2nd gen I4...
who's to say it wasn't a 1st gen lx though? aren't they just as slow as a 2ng gen 4 banger?? and the v6 runs like a tenth slower then a 1st gen GT...of course the GT is easier to modify :)

david

it was an interesting story

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
phffftt!! wow he beat him in a drag ... that proves a [shizzle] load..:sigh: [fizzle]. some ppl are so stupid. they think if they win a drag then they have the greatest car on the earth... id like to see that truck run with the 6 at a track.. whether it be a 1st or 2nd gen, it will spank the [shizzle] out of the f150..

·
Registered
677 Posts
mx6dave said:
im assuming it's a 2nd gen I4...
who's to say it wasn't a 1st gen lx though? aren't they just as slow as a 2ng gen 4 banger?? and the v6 runs like a tenth slower then a 1st gen GT...of course the GT is easier to modify :)

david

it was an interesting story
hmm... Good Point. I think the 2G i4 is about the same as the 1G DX/LX, but he 1st might be a bit faster. Eitherway, driver race against F150.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
xx6 said:
yeah this really should be directed towards that clueless dude on that Ford forum.
As for the 1G or 2G, I wondered that right away when originally reading it, of course all signs seem it indicate it was a four cylinder normally aspirated.

And someone mentioned the possibilty of it being a F150 Lighning, well I agree then that would be a whole new can of worms, to lose to that wouldn't be an embarrasment in any way.

And yeah it was interesting, at first it got me a bit angry but then now I look at it and just :lol:

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I still don't understand why the person would think oh sweet I'll race this truck? What's that going to prove?:shrug:

metros

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brad said:
The guy's not being a [dizzle] or anything, he's just posting about his race.

I made a name and backed up our car!
I wouldn't say he was not bing one at all, but anyway I'm gona go read your response.

EDIT: ok just read it, good work, very diplomatic and got the point acroos without seeming like a [dizzle].

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Brad you just pulled a n00ber, that thread is ollllld. :lol:

Edit: Mr. Bill Murray drives (or drove at the time) a Lincoln Blackwood, which is equipped with a 300hp 5.4L V8.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Actually the first one was 2003....haha

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
91turbo666 said:
i guess someone pulled a n00b first eh
Not really, December 27th and January 5th aren't that far away from each other. :D

Also note the advertisement on that page. "Mazda Body Kits...Pimp out your ride with new body kits..."

Talk about adding salt to the rice wound. :lol:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts