Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv'e done my homework and i know what i need but how exactly swap the wirring harness? i have a 1991 mx6 LE. has anyone done a detailed thread on it ? if so where do i find it? last what kind of power would i make with about 12lbs of boost on lx pistons with exaust and intake? thanks

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Ah, come down to the bowels of the 1gen forums and do a search. Effectively, you need a donor GT. A little more trouble than it is worth, but if you've got a good condition LE with a bad motor, and beat up GT with a good motor, then it makes lots of sense to do the swap..

In a nutshell, you'll need to take just about everything off the GT, and everything off of your LE.. and swap. The *entire* electrical harness, and just about every sensor. That's the short list, but if you look at:
http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-mx6-fo...-want-turbocharge-my-engine-i-have-dx-lx.html

Everything is spelled out there.

Look for Maffato15.. he did a good job documenting the swap.

Honestly, if you are going to that much trouble , you might want to consider putting the turbo on, and using a megasquirt. It would probably be a better result in hte end.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
HTE is an excellent example of me typing too fast, and not catching a simple grammar mistake. Sorry.

A megasquirt (www.MSefi.com • Index page) is an aftermarket do it your self fuel injection computer. Basically replaces the stock ECU. Lots of people on the site have made the change. It'd be more expensive than a straight swap, but the results would be better..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts