Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one, Please explain to me if there is a difference in the short block itself on a F2 engine vs a F2T. Are the crank and piston assembly the same. I'm just talking about the short block itself, not the bolt on external's like the Turbo and other parts needed for it to be a F2T. The block I purchased just has a F2 stamp with six numbers. F2 009863, is there any reference to the numbers itself?
Several years ago a purchased a new short block for my old MX6 GT Turbo. I want to be sure, I advertise it, as the right block before I attempt to try and sell it. I had a response to a similar question before, but I was unsure of what was trying to be explained.
Thanks for any information on this request in advance.
Was going to post a picture of the engine block stamp, but there was no way to insert a file in this section. I am not sure were to post this question. So if this is in the wrong area please advise me to the correct area to submit the post.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Can some one, Please explain to me if there is a difference in the short block itself on a F2 engine vs a F2T. Are the crank and piston assembly the same. I'm just talking about the short block itself, not the bolt on external's like the Turbo and other parts needed for it to be a F2T. The block I purchased just has a F2 stamp with six numbers. F2 009863, is there any reference to the numbers itself?
Several years ago a purchased a new short block for my old MX6 GT Turbo. I want to be sure, I advertise it, as the right block before I attempt to try and sell it. I had a response to a similar question before, but I was unsure of what was trying to be explained.
Thanks for any information on this request in advance.
Was going to post a picture of the engine block stamp, but there was no way to insert a file in this section. I am not sure were to post this question. So if this is in the wrong area please advise me to the correct area to submit the post.
block casting, bored are the same, crank and rods are also the same . Pistons are different using different compression and coating, gt piston also have the skirt brace making it stronger tha na.
Camshaft are the same
Headbolt are the same
head are the same
pretty much everything with the exception of pistons and valve are the same.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
We found some differences in head castings as well, but not anything that matters for 99.99% of people running these cars.

Pistons are really the only thing that matters.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Iirc

The F2 pistons are 8.6:1 and the F2T pistons are 7.8:1 CR. The F2T also has and oil inlet for the turbo as well as coolant inlet and outlet for the water lines for the turbo. The distributor is also different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts