Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
so uh....about this 4 door 302 bmw.....pictures? link to a work log?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
no build log, but facebook pics I could find. he drove it to my house last night, pretty cool he had a mount kit made for the 302 and t5 trans

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
he is far from a ricer, but he wants a fart can on it, i guess to look like a ricer, he has some dumb ideas. they are building a turbo 6.0 liter chevy powered foxbody mustang, and they want to put a loud horn on it so that it covers the turbo sound when it hits boost, stupid LOL.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
he is far from a ricer, but he wants a fart can on it, i guess to look like a ricer, he has some dumb ideas. they are building a turbo 6.0 liter chevy powered foxbody mustang, and they want to put a loud horn on it so that it covers the turbo sound when it hits boost, stupid LOL.
That might be the most retarded thing I've ever heard. :lol: First of all, you're gonna hear the turbo no matter what. And if the point is to not draw attention to the turbo, it's gonna do the exact opposite. I think you have a better head on your shoulders.:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
No update thus far. going to install the 4.30 lsd axle this weekend and get a measurement to order a driveshaft in the following weeks money permitting.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Looking good. It should go pretty hard, a 4.3 diff is a little low IMO. I'd go a 3.9 or even a 3.6. It'll pull burnouts in 3rd anyway, so what do you need a 4.3 for ?

I dunno if you have plans for this already, but I would weld on some stays for those coolant extension pipes, especially the long one from the thermostat housing, I'd strap it to the head near #1.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I realize its going to be Lowwww, the truck transmission then the 4.3... I didnt choose the 4.3. I got this axle from my friend, it comes clutch type lsd stock, thicker axles shafts and a bigger ring gear, it is still small compared to the torque this engine puts out. I dont know 6.7inch ring gear. but to rebuild the lsd is 100 bucks for parts. and It comes stock with disc brakes instead of drum. My stock axle is a 3.5:1

I am going to do some kind of mount for that hose just been paying off my pathfinder my brother lent me money to buy it because my 95 neon with 240k miles was rough and i didnt want that to cause me to loose my job. so that has been stunting my progress and its getting colder than id like it to be.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
The rear end is in, had trouble getting the old one out, seemed that the bolts rusted inside the bushings and froze themselves in there, Id turn the bolt with a 3foot breaker bar and it would just spin the rubber bushing with the bolt. I wanted to use all my links and just throw the rear end in there but I had to take some apart at the body and at the axle. but I got it all out, and just used all 5 links from the 4.30lsd axle. they had really good looking bushing, I think someone had replaced them before I got it, they almost looked new. but I got it in, and the 1986 ae86 gts rear springs are the exact size as the ae71 1983 springs just stiffer, everywhere I have read said they have different seat sizes so thats good news, just have to measure for the driveshaft and order it, I have the rear half of the corolla DS, and the front half of the mazda truck DS so ill drop both of those off at the shop

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Can you put up some pictures of the new rear end installed and any progress pictures?

It's not uncommon for bolts to seize to the sleeve they pass through. Next time, try putting a socket large enough for the head of the bolt to go into but not large enough for the sleeve. Next, put a C-Clamp around it. That may allow the bolt to push through the bushing into the socket.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
no progress thus far, just got my -10an weld bungs for the oil pan, i dont like how to the oil pan is now, its a 3/4 pipe and the turbo drain is a 1/2 pipe, so I have a -10an for the turbo drain and a 10an bung for the oil pan. just need it welded on then my oil drain will be right, and found someone that sells oil drain and water lines for the turbo that are made for high tempertures that the turbo puts out, even though this isnt a crazy build, its a stock engine, i just want to be careful and do it right the first time.

I am moving in a week or two and been working 60+ hours at work so its been keeping me from my car, by the time im out of work its cold and ive been working weekends. but im so ready to be driving this thing.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
no progress thus far, just got my -10an weld bungs for the oil pan, i dont like how to the oil pan is now, its a 3/4 pipe and the turbo drain is a 1/2 pipe, so I have a -10an for the turbo drain and a 10an bung for the oil pan. just need it welded on then my oil drain will be right, and found someone that sells oil drain and water lines for the turbo that are made for high tempertures that the turbo puts out, even though this isnt a crazy build, its a stock engine, i just want to be careful and do it right the first time.

I am moving in a week or two and been working 60+ hours at work so its been keeping me from my car, by the time im out of work its cold and ive been working weekends. but im so ready to be driving this thing.
Thanks for the update.

IMO, the current pipe going from 1/2" out of the turbo to 3/4" into the pan isn't the end of the world. Upgrading to -10an though won't hurt anything and the hose temperature benefits you mentioned will keep you from repainting it again any time soon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Yeah Im about to start driving a 1987 corolla for a daily. my pathfinder I drive is a 97 and sucks on gas, so hopefully I can get 2500 for it, so that will help me out.

i think the coupe ae86 is ugly, but 30mpg is better than 15mpg. 240k mileage runs good though

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
bought a brand new oil pan and had a -10an bung welded to it for the turbo oil drain, my other one was leaking, engine is back out of the car, I ordered a brand new DXD clutch supposed to hold 310ft lbs of torque, should be fine for my car. hopefully installing those 2 items tomorrow and having it back in the car, I moved not too long ago and cant find my camera guess its time to buy a new one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Yeah I took some photos on my phone but i need a micro sd adaptor to put them on a computer. But ive been working so much 70+ hour weeks havnt had time to touch the car, but I feel like im motivated now, i want it drivable by the end of april which I think is achievable. Biggest thing is wiring, I think I want to go megasquirt once I get all the other issue settled. but i dont know yet, I basically have to make a new harness anyway since im using a fwd harness, its backwards than what I need. And I need to redo the trans mount cant have 3 solid mounts, I dont really like any of the mounts but its what I through together, I need a rubber isolator on the trans.

Just ordered a 9inch stainless steel -10an oil return line for the turbo, and water lines for the turbo from

Oil and water lines : A-Spec Tuning, Performance Products

Just trying to do things right

41 - 60 of 92 Posts